Author Topic: Baby Glock Virgin  (Read 7198 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: Baby Glock Virgin
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 05:34:35 AM »
One finger groove like on some of the Olympic Arms pistols (formerly made by M-S Safari Arms) would fit practically everyone since there's nothing between the last 2 fingers. I'd love to see a Glock like that. Especially a mid-size 9mm. I'd buy one.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 12:31:08 PM »
Yes, I know I can take the FG's off but I compete with what I carry and that would be ATR.  The Gen. 4 looks good but seems to still have the FG's.  Forgot to mention in this thread that the FG's don't fit my hands or the other way around.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 12:43:09 PM »
My 27 is deadly accurate for a gun that size. I lucked up with the finger grooves, but I hate the arch on the back side of the grip. I CCW with a standard magazine to help with printing, but my back-up mags have the Pearce extension for the one extra round.
I never liked the Glock until I tried the 27. Now I just wish I'd have gotten a G30....the G36 Slimline in .45 acp looks good.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 04:46:23 PM »
I'm glad this post is about Glock. We all know how much I love Glock.  ::) And I'm glad to see that there are others that like them too. I've found every Glock to be a fine weapon. And so far in my personal testing they are more accurate than M&P's. I've shot many Glocks and several M&P's in head to head competition with the same ammo. The Glocks are more accurate. One of the last times at the range a few others and I all shot three magazines out of the smallest Glock 9mm and the smallest M&P 9mm. Amazingly, all three of us shot more accurate with the Glock. Now as far as likes, one like the Glock best (yours truely  ::) ...one liked the M&P (although he agreed it wasn't as accurate) and one liked both about the same. They both are great guns. M&P's are close and are great weapons too. But, they ain't no Glock!

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »
I'm glad this post is about Glock. We all know how much I love Glock.  ::) And I'm glad to see that there are others that like them too. I've found every Glock to be a fine weapon. And so far in my personal testing they are more accurate than M&P's. I've shot many Glocks and several M&P's in head to head competition with the same ammo. The Glocks are more accurate. One of the last times at the range a few others and I all shot three magazines out of the smallest Glock 9mm and the smallest M&P 9mm. Amazingly, all three of us shot more accurate with the Glock. Now as far as likes, one like the Glock best (yours truely  ::) ...one liked the M&P (although he agreed it wasn't as accurate) and one liked both about the same. They both are great guns. M&P's are close and are great weapons too. But, they ain't no Glock!

Hawkfish,

Funny it was reversed for me with static slow fire shooting. I shot the M&P 9 full size more accurately than my Glock 19.  HOWEVER in shooting any course with movement, either mine or the targets such as an IDPA course, I did much better with the Glock. I assume that is because my trigger reset is much better with either of the Glocks. All the pistols have nightsights so that part is a wash. The M&P was a prize and I thought it might be good house gun but after some shooting the Glock still has the job.

Yes my 1911 is more accurate than the either the Glock or M&P but my wife can't dependably operate it so it's not up for consideration. In fact she prefers the SW642 with CT grips I bought her. It's "cute" in her mind and that must mean something a little more important than stopping power or magazine capacity or rate of fire in her pretty little head. 

Ratcatcher55

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:10:02 AM »

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »
Ratcatcher55,  That is interesting. I've never seen an M&P out-shoot a Glock yet. Not to say yours won't. I've just not seen it yet. And it's not just my biased opinion that I base my results on ... because I have had other M&P, Sig, and XD fans to shoot along with me and compare too. I like them all. Some do shoot better than others too.. (i.e. one Glock may be little more accurate than another Glock).. but out of a group of eleven people total... gun nuts.. cops.. average joes.. so far, all agree that the Glock was a more accurate weapon. Sounds like you got a good M&P.. and there ain't nothing wrong with that...  ;)

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 01:16:35 AM »
I'm a 1911 man myself and have never shot the M&P or XD but I've shot a couple Glocks and Sigs and while they might not be my first choice it's only because I prefer single action triggers, DA seems long to me but otherwise I would not be able to pick a favorite ,nor would I feel nervous trusting my life to any of them.

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 08:12:30 AM »
I'm a 1911 man myself and have never shot the M&P or XD but I've shot a couple Glocks and Sigs and while they might not be my first choice it's only because I prefer single action triggers, DA seems long to me but otherwise I would not be able to pick a favorite ,nor would I feel nervous trusting my life to any of them.

Me either.. Although I would prefer the Glock for several reasons, any one of them would work in a pinch. All of them are pretty darn good these days.

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 02:51:42 PM »
Jumping in...
I was a died in the wool SIG fan, P229 .40 S&W was my daily also had a P220 .45 ACP and a P226 9mm
I did not love or hate GLOCK pistols, I just thought Sig was "it" for me. 

I have a friend in Mass. that keeps telling me how his GLOCK 17 is a ball to shoot, over his Sig P226, 3 years ago I ran across a GLOCK 17 2nd Gen New In Box, (Still had the copper grease on rails) for $399, I bought it on a whim.

Took it out and I was able to shoot circles around any of my sigs that I have owned and loved for 6+ years.
Out of the box, the GLOCK just worked better for me. - Didn't really want to believe it, but hey if it works.

So I've ended  up trading the P229 towards and AK, the P220 for a GLOCK G26 9mm sub compact and the P226 is about to go away for a G30 .45 ACP or a G29 10mm.

No issues EVER for me with the GLOCKS though my sister in law can limp wrist the 17 - I have no issues, all shoot circles around my Sigs I owned and I do not miss them.

I have looked at the M&P and the XD's and see no need for the extra safety's - in 2007 Rob Latham was here in town and had two XD's fail on him. One with a broken firing pin and another refused to go in to battery after the 4th round fired, evern after a field strip and mag changes.
That turned me off to the XD;s and was slightly embarrassing to Rob. He was there to sell them for Springfield during a try before you buy event.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk