Author Topic: "Green" Lasers, Are They That Much More Visable?  (Read 13941 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Green" Lasers, Are They That Much More Visable?
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »
My question is, aside from the cool factor, why would you want a laser beam to be visible? In a tactical situation, it's a nice big "here I am!" sign.

The visible beams are unbearably cool to play with (I have a green laser pointer that I love using in dark rooms, both for presentations and for playing around), but for $400, I'd want something laser guided, not just a sighting assistance device.

Thats why you want the on/off abilities that crimson trace gives you
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: "Green" Lasers, Are They That Much More Visable?
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »
I have argued that point about flashlights mounted on handguns and AR-15's for some time now. I have older law enforcement books from the 70's, and all of them show LEO's holding flashlights at arms length to avoid drawing fire to the body. I can't understand the logic of putting a mini flashlight on a 600 yard weapon. On a handgun it only forces you to muzzle sweep everything you want to look at, and identify in a tense situation. That's how people get shot who aren't supposed to. As far as a Laser, it is a sighting device, not a viewing one. By the time the bad guy realizes he's been targeted, he'll most likely be out of the fight.   Bill T.

Good points.  I'm keeping the light on the Five SeveN for possums and raccoons.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk