Author Topic: When is downrange Radio posted for 2/25  (Read 9178 times)

tombogan03884

Re: When is downrange Radio posted for 2/25
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 09:12:26 PM »
I'm not saying you guys are wrong to resist "PRECEDENT". I'm saying you are 30 years to late. Was it the Guard or regular Army stealing guns in New Orleans ? No, it was the COPS. Were asset forfeiture laws passed to aid the Guard or regular Army ?
The Guard and Regular forces are not the threat, the COPS are ! Have you ever stopped to think about all the Constitutional infringements perpetrated under cover of the so called "War on Drugs" ? THAT is the threat, and I bet you CHEERED that the Police got another tool to use against those evil druggies.
PS  Mic sounded OK to me. (Not being contrary, just didn't notice any difference  ;D )

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 09:41:59 PM »

So yes, the rant was overwrought, but I thought it needed to be overwrought because of who would ultimately be reading the reports on the exercise.

Michael B

But, MB, we like it when you're overwrought! Now, that's entertainment!!    ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 10:02:12 PM »
Jealously and zealously guarding our freedoms is paramount, Keep the camels nose or toes out of the tent at all costs, this is no time to be coy or asleep at the wheel. How many cliches can I have in one sentence, but seriously folks, We need to fight tooth and nail at this time, I love the military and the Guard, which are one in the same, but one is more local, stomping doors in the USA trains for what? As to what Michael said in the podcast, nothing but learning how to kick in doors here, not other countries, what might work here, is not going to work in Iraq, or Pakistan, or Syria, or anywhere in the middle east, and none of the Euro countries are on the radar, where it might work, it is training for WE, US, our neighborhoods, and nothing else. Which country are our guys gonna go door to door looking for WEAPONS, the rest of the world can't have them, so guess who?????

We have training facilities that mimic the urban scenario, as Michael said and I believe, it is training for both sides, them and us.
Ok for them to ask and OK for us to comply. Not cool.

I believe in our troops, but unlike other countries, our troops are not grouped together by state or county, this divides loyalties, in Britain and Canada, and I cannot say they still do, troops were held together from their origins, makes you fight harder, knowing your fighting for your hometown, and makes you fight prouder, knowing it's your friends and family that are fighting with you. What does a soldier from a thousand miles away in the case of America care about another state, He has no experience with?
Of course the same can be said for the UN, what do they care about us, just follow orders, but I love those blue helmets ;D
I would expect, that soldiers, individually would not hurt their own community, or state,  but might follow orders, to apply these
tactics to unfamiliar ground, and there would not be sufficient supporters to halt it. I hope the soldiers sense of honor would not allow them to do this to ANY  Americans, but we live in the world we made. Herbert Mc Bride, made this observation, in his book, " A Rifleman went to war" and it makes sense.

Of course Louisiana, did teach us a lesson, and many states, including mine, passed laws against confiscation, in times of crisis. But in the end, it is us, that have to tell the cops, not no, BUT, HELL NO!!!!

Here in Texas, We also have the Texas Guard, who works for the governor, they have weapons, and are not connected to the military.

As of today, 26 states have joined on the states Sovereignty, movement, including Texas, in our case the 9th and 10th amendments, not as harsh as I would like, but the States are putting the government on notice, NO MORE!!! >:(

Sorry, you got me started.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 06:43:51 AM »
<snip>....PS  Mic sounded OK to me. (Not being contrary, just didn't notice any difference  ;D )

Tom, you've got tin ears....but back to the thought o' the thread.  Now that we're 30 years too late, the way you left that thought is that we just do nothing.  Now I know that's not what you really think, eh?   :D

Microphone was tinny (was it the acoustics of the room you were in???) and too sensitive....you did ask for a critique.  :) 

However, in lieu of no podcast at all I'll take the Mickey Mic any day.  I look forward to, and really enjoy, the podcasts.  I've turned on a few people who didn't know anything about them and now they too look forward to the next podcast.....what I'm saying is that ya'll might want to think about linking that podcast to other pages (actually pay advertising???) to capture additional listeners.  The guys I turned the podcast on to spend a few hours on the road every week and need this as a replacement for the normal chatter they've heard for years...especially since G.Gordon Liddy got old 15 years ago.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 09:09:02 AM »
Tom, you've got tin ears....but back to the thought o' the thread.  Now that we're 30 years too late, the way you left that thought is that we just do nothing.  Now I know that's not what you really think, eh?   :D

Mike was tinny (was it the acoustics of the room you were in???) and too sensitive....you did ask for a critique.  :) 

However, in lieu of no podcast at all I'll take the Mickey Mic any day.  I look forward to, and really enjoy, the podcasts.  I've turned on a few people who didn't know anything about them and now they too look forward to the next podcast.....what I'm saying is that ya'll might want to think about linking that podcast to other pages (actually pay advertising???) to capture additional listeners.  The guys I turned the podcast on to spend a few hours on the road every week and need this as a replacement for the normal chatter they've heard for years...especially since G.Gordon Liddy got old 15 years ago.

50% hearing loss in my good ear, 75 % in the other one
GOOD GOD NO ! I'm saying it's to late to b!tch about precedent, we have to start TAKING back our rights. Not just the 2A, but the 4th, 5th,6th, 7th, 8th, 9th ,10th and 14th as well

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:00:53 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 08:24:39 PM »
MB, a bit tinny, too much treble/gain BUT, VERY clear.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 10:38:18 PM »
 Just copied this off Yahoo news
"AP - Three and a half years after Hurricane Katrina, the National Guard is pulling the last of its troops out of New Orleans this weekend, leaving behind a city still desperate and dangerous. Residents long distrustful of the city's police force are worried they will have to fend for themselves."

Like I said, It's the militarized cops hiding behind the BS war on drugs that are the problem. Not the military.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 10:53:08 PM »
Tom I will agree with you there, at least the military have rules that can be enforced, by any commanding officer, and there is a clause for troops to not carry out orders if they don't agree they fall within certain parameters, not without consequences of course. Cops answer to the chief and not much else, above their personal beliefs, so it's easy for them to go rogue, but thankfully they don't do that very often, except in New Orleans, what a travesty, I was surprised that We have not been told, that the Guard was still there, only now they are leaving. Obviously they have been doing a good job, or the residents would not resent their leaving. Fair and balanced reporting, Yeah.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 08:30:40 AM »
<snip> .....Like I said, It's the militarized cops hiding behind the BS war on drugs that are the problem. Not the military.

In New Orleans, the police force is notoriously dirty and fearful.  They are not know for standing for anything if they don't have to and, from personal experiences, they will stand for shaking down a law-abiding citizen to make a buck from time to time.  With all the disgusted good people who left the police force and all the guys left with badges that had their hand out the citizens didn't stand a chance.  With that in mind, the NG were the only things standing between the people and the gangs...since the people have no balls to take care of their problem.   But then, if you are fed welfare all your life what else do you know? 

One day we will find you can only run so far and that the run leads to enslavement.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 10:46:56 AM »
I heard a quote somewhere that in New Orleans the worst gang members have badges. The police corruption in NO is a historical thing that goes all the way back to Lafitte's piracy and illegal slave trading. That's how it got the nickname "The big easy" Any imaginable vice was and is available as long as the cops get their cut.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk