Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128848 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: New Ammo Directory
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2020, 10:50:05 AM »
There are now 3 or 4 of these sites with AmmoSeek being one of the first.

I find them helpful in finding vendors I wasn't familiar with and for a benchmark price point.   However, i've become rather picky in what ammo I get and the really best buys are reflected on these sites.   I find keeping my eye on the LGS and their sale flyers works best for me.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

Re: New Ammo Directory
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2020, 11:43:47 AM »
LGS was why I started using Ammoseek.
I knew the LGS was low on 9mm, then my neighbor was whining about no ammo.
So I ordered 200 rounds of Magtech JHP to show him how.
Then when my new gat was on the way I got 300 rounds of 10 MM for $137 including shipping.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2020, 09:40:48 AM »
I picked up some Aguila Super Extra 22LR copper plated 40 grain solid and 38 grain HP...with shipping 0.0373 cents per round delivered from Midsouth Shooters Supply. 

I've never shot any of this before.....but for the price it's gotta plink.

I wish I had bought 4 times as much.  The best price I'm finding is fo some SK at $49.95 for 500 rounds...volume discount if you buy many at Graf's. 

This is looking as "dry" on ammo as when BHO was in play. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2020, 02:50:11 PM »
I'm still finding common calibers, but selection is down with prices going up.
I looked for 6.5 Carcano  and didn't find anything at all.
On that subject, any one ever heard of 7.62 X 45 ?

Timothy

« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2020, 03:49:26 PM »
7.62x45 is old Czech ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #295 on: Today at 05:37:16 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2020, 06:41:16 PM »
Dang it.  On Friday I saw that Federal Premium's web site had 147gr 9mm.  But I thought, naw.  Why pay premium for that when I got plenty of the 115gr, and lots of Winchester 115gr.  No reason to pay that much for it.   

Then I went to an GSSF Indoor League and came within 3 shots of a perfect score with that ammo.  It shoots so good in my G17.  I've got to have more to see me through September.

OF COURSE, it's now not available.
Will work for ammo

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #296 on: August 02, 2020, 07:04:20 PM »
We have an area guy who still gets 9mm and a few others, just not quite as regularly as a month ago.
God bless him, he still refuses to gouge on prices too..... he never raised his prices during the BHO years either, so that's why his loyal customers will line up around the building and wait. He supplies chairs, tents and water also.

The last trip over we snagged a brick of Aguila .22lr for $23 (Classic firearms was selling it for $25 online) and 9mm ball was $12 for 50 rounds. Fiocchi .40 S&W JHP was running $18 for 50 rounds.

Hornady SD ammo was around $23 per box which is what places like Academy was selling it for when stocks were plentiful. Most places that actually have it now are over $30 per box and up.

I ordered 2k CCI large pistol primers from Natchez last month but have not checked of they have any now.
1k 225gr TC bullets in .45 ACP from my lead bullet guy added to my stockpile for reloading.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2020, 08:02:06 AM »
In an abstract sort of way, this is actually a good sign. In spite of it causing guys like us a lot of inconvenience. I say that because it shows a LOT of people are waking up to the fact this country is in deep $hit..... Just as many predicted. And many now realize this may very well go to guns before it's over.

tombogan03884

« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2020, 09:08:18 AM »
The enemy is tooling up.
Liberals will donate and vote for free stuff, or abortion.
But while they may not say anything, they will ignore anti gun candidates since they now have Glocks, AR's, and GSG .22's stashed at home.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »
GOT 'EM

Kept checking the Federal Premium website several times a day.  Just now the AE9FP (9mm 147gr) became available.  It hurts after paying ~$0.14/rd the first of the year to be paying $0.40 now.  But this will see me through all Glock competitions until 2021.
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk