Author Topic: Savage 93R17 Scope Rings -won't tight on bases- help lol.  (Read 14201 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Savage 93R17 Scope Rings -won't tight on bases- help lol.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »
Well, hell....without being able to put my hands on it or see them.......I, like you, am completely baffled at this one.

Might be a manufacturing defect.

???  ???
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 03:35:17 PM »
I would try a new set of rings and bases.  Might even consider a different brand of rings/bases. 
DesertMarine

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 04:46:41 PM »
Ding Ding Ding..   Yep it's a set of bad bases. I swaped out the bases and everything is fine. The bases that came on it have the center notch cut out too much. I know this because we took an identical set of bases from another Savage 9317 and put them on mine and everything works fine. My rings also worked fine on the other rifle before we moved them. I called Savage and they were super nice and are sending a replacement set of bases. Apartently this is a very ..very.. rare occurance. Anyway.. another tid=bit.. I also learned that u can use aluminum foil to fill the gap of the bases if they are too big.. tightened down very snug that way.. so I'm not leaving it that way no.. but it might do it a pinch..  I hope the new bases are good and everything. I love this new rifle. It is awesome. This won't be my last Savage.  ;)

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 04:47:54 PM »
btw.. thanks for everyone's posting and ideas..  I do appreciate it..  ;)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 10:55:38 AM »
Good to hear you'll be up and runnin'.

8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:52:23 AM »

FORDOWNER95

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 03:27:35 PM »
If you have not figured out why they don't fit here you go. I called weaver and the guy says unless you have a number stamped on your base, they are fakes. They are more narrow. I had the same dang problem. Its OK.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 08:08:53 PM »
First:  Great looking rifle from the stock pictures over at Savage. 

Now this may be dumb, but are you sure the bases are Weaver/Picatinny.  I know Savage has been providing them but after all this is a rimfire and traditionally rimfire bases (groves) were much smaller.  Can you compare the bases on this gun with a known base.  Do the rings work on another base?

But let's assume they are "suppose" to be Weaver/Picatinny.  Are you sure this model wasn't made for another market (Europe), but somehow ended up stateside.  Possibly the bases are not what we consider "standard".
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk