Author Topic: ...and so I made another one  (Read 20989 times)

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ...and so I made another one
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 12:26:15 PM »
4 barrels of .357 mag.?  All at once?!? 

Does the manual actually say. "After firing, walk back aprox. 30 paces and recover your newly sevored trigger finger for later use."?

;D
Hey Badger,

It's heavy (solid stainless steel) but not very big. Has a long triger pull.

Here are the specs:

COP .357 Magnum Derringer
Compact Off-duty Police

Specifications
Caliber: .357 Magnum (Can fire .38 Special as well.)
Weight: 1.75 lb (0.8 kg) empty.
Height: 4.1 inches (10.4 cm).
Length: 5.6 inches (14.2 cm).
Width: 1.062 inches (2.7 cm).
Action: Break-open with extractors for reloading, double action trigger with rotating firing pin selector.
Capacity: 4 rounds

Construction and operation of the COP 357
The C.O.P. 357 is quite robust in design and construction. It is made of solid stainless steel components. The pistol actually has a unique 4-into-1 barrel. Cartridges are loaded into the four separate chambers by sliding a latch that "pops-up" the barrel for loading purposes, similar to top-break shotguns. Each of the four chambers has its own dedicated firing pin. It uses an internal hammer, which is activated by depressing the trigger to hit a ratcheting/rotating striker that in turn strikes one firing pin at a time. Older "pepperboxes" also used multiple barrels, but the barrels were the part that rotated. The COP 357 is unique in that it uses the ratcheting/rotating striker, which is completely internal, to fire each chamber in sequence.

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ...and so I made another one
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2009, 12:43:12 PM »
Because of it's unique look the COP has appeared in several movies and television shows. One of the most notable was Blade Runner.
The Blade Runner COP was modified to fire 2 barrels at the same time to increase muzzle flash for the movie.

They are becomming very collectible. Mine is in NIB condition. I have the original box and manual. I do carry and shoot mine. That's my reason for looking for a holster, plus Frisco's work looks awesome. It's too heavy for pocket carry, although I do have a Don Hume pocket holster that fits it quite well.

Here is a list of the shows and the actors that used the COP:

Film
Monica Bellucci as Persephone in The Matrix Reloaded
Tchéky Karyo as Fouchet in Bad Boys
Brion James as Leon Kowalski in Blade Runner
Devon Aoki as Kira in War
The Blue Iguana
Steve James as Logan Blade in Street Hunter
It was also shown in the TV movie The Return of The Man from U.N.C.L.E., The Fifteen Years Later Affair
Also seen being wielded by female drug lab operator and pointed at Benjamin Bratt in movie "Bound By Honor; Blood In, Blood Out"

Television
James Remar as Meier and Grace Park as Sharon in Battlestar Galactica
A security guard in Stargate SG-1
Used by Detective Nicholas O'Malley (Michael Landes) and Detective Kate Benson (Alexondra Lee) against hostage takers at a party in Special Unit 2 - Season 2, Episode 5 "The Eve".

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk