Author Topic: BHO ending Fed Flight Deck Officer program  (Read 8783 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: BHO ending Fed Flight Deck Officer program
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »
9/11 hijackers used box cutters, Also up until 9/11 no one had used a plane as a guided missle before as an act of terrorism.  In the case of 9/11 even if we had fighters in the air, shooting them down was not an option do to  thier location above a heavly populated area.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
9/11 hijackers used box cutters, Also up until 9/11 no one had used a plane as a guided missle before as an act of terrorism.  In the case of 9/11 even if we had fighters in the air, shooting them down was not an option do to  thier location above a heavly populated area.

While you are factually correct in everything you say in this post, none of it has jack shit to do with the AFDO Program.  Am I missing something?
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »
heaven forbid some one look at somethinged with unbiased eyes... Even the NTSB  said it was a waste of thier time and money, they only did do to offical requests from congress/white house.   There were only a couple airlines that would even let thier pilots in the program, ( I want to say there was 3, but its been awhile) the rest said no.

The NTSB and the White house fought it every step of the way and kept it from being implemented for over a year.
It was the NTSB that came up with the brilliant policy of "lets make the pilot mess with it every time he takes off and lands, and Hey I've got another idea, lets have them put a PADLOCK through the triggerguard while he's trying to land the plane. Some ones sure to blow their nuts off that way"
Actually, hijackers have come up with methods of dealing with Air marshals. They have one or 2 wait a while in their seats, if the Air marshals intervene they shoot him in the back. As for armed pilots and locked doors, they are only psychological deterrents. You tell the pilot I'm going to kill 1 passenger every 2 minutes until you open the door, it'll open, if not theres always explosives. But PASSENGERS are unpredictable, there have been several cases where passengers have jumped hijackers since 9-11 and the hijacker is usually killed as in the "South West Airlines hijack attempt where the fat lady sat on the hijacker. He died of suffocation  ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 05:42:33 PM »
heaven forbid some one look at somethinged with unbiased eyes... Even the NTSB  said it was a waste of thier time and money, they only did do to offical requests from congress/white house.   There were only a couple airlines that would even let thier pilots in the program, ( I want to say there was 3, but its been awhile) the rest said no.

Good idea, you should follow up on that thought.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 05:54:41 PM »
Good idea, you should follow up on that thought.

That's gonna leave a mark!    ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:44:59 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 06:06:04 PM »
The NTSB and the White house fought it every step of the way and kept it from being implemented for over a year.
It was the NTSB that came up with the brilliant policy of "lets make the pilot mess with it every time he takes off and lands, and Hey I've got another idea, lets have them put a PADLOCK through the triggerguard while he's trying to land the plane. Some ones sure to blow their nuts off that way"
Actually, hijackers have come up with methods of dealing with Air marshals. They have one or 2 wait a while in their seats, if the Air marshals intervene they shoot him in the back. As for armed pilots and locked doors, they are only psychological deterrents. You tell the pilot I'm going to kill 1 passenger every 2 minutes until you open the door, it'll open, if not theres always explosives. But PASSENGERS are unpredictable, there have been several cases where passengers have jumped hijackers since 9-11 and the hijacker is usually killed as in the "South West Airlines hijack attempt where the fat lady sat on the hijacker. He died of suffocation  ;D

The lock only had to be in place when they were out side of the cock pit or they had the door open.   I agree it was not the best solution, but still it you can't operate something like that from a check list... maybe you should not be a pilot.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk