Author Topic: Lose your property for growing food?  (Read 9086 times)

callithump

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Truth sits on the lips of dying men.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lose your property for growing food?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 02:38:57 AM »
That stuff comes from World Nut Daily. ::) Farah will print anything to keep people coming.
I'd like to see a news analysis or update about the legislation. Lots of stuff is proposed and soon forgotten and it's done to keep a few donors happy. It could remind you of 2 Samuel 23.11, 12 though.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
Small family farms get literally NONE of any farm subsidies, they get an agriculture tax credit, and that's about it. Oh, they can qualify for low interest loans, but their production/yield has to be big enough. The large Jolly Green Giant, mega sized farms that have been running the smaller farms out of business for decades are getting subsidies (money), because certain numbers have to be met for American production, it's an old program.

Competition with produce from other countries, and the profit margin on a can of green beans is very tight. So the large harvesting equip. which costs more every year, and the CORPORATE salaries, labor costs, marketing, advertising, etc,... means the gov't pays to maintain the "status quo".  All admin's since FDR and the Dust Bowl days, have been subsidizing farms.

It initially was gauged at the ag based American economy which has shifted over the last 50+ years.

Google the Dept. Of Ag. in your state, they have ALOT of power, and not structured for the smaller farms anymore.

Once again, the "little" guy gets shafted,...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »
I bet if you could follow the money, you would find big factory farm companies, and of course Monsanto behind this and other efforts to destroy the small farmer, and small rancher.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk