Author Topic: Fred Thompson SUPPORTED McCain/Feingold?  (Read 15423 times)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fred Thompson SUPPORTED McCain/Feingold?
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 08:31:29 AM »
I"ll take that as a yes.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 09:49:43 AM »
I"ll take that as a yes.

It is not just Fred Thompson, it is the whole damned Republican party.

DemocRATs are evil by definition; they revel in their evil of commission and glory in it.

Republicans are evil by omission, their acts of stupidity and cowardice unparalleled in modern history.

Walk for a moment down memory lane.

Dwight Eisenhower, the kinder, gentler Republican of the 1950's.

As Supreme Allied Commander in World War II he oversaw troops who installed portable modular bridges (known as the Bailey Bridge) across rivers and
streams all over Europe, in some cases under enemy fire in less than eight hours some of which are still in service today!!!. 

As President he signs the Interstate Highway Act (not for trade and commerce, but for NATIONAL SECURITY) and unleashes the mother of all pork barrel money
laundering schemes for the foreseeable future.

I watched one of these pork barrel bridge operations take two YEARS to cross a railroad track a little over 100 feet wide. If this is progress you can keep it.

Then he has the nerve to caution Americans about the Military-Industrial Complex in his farewell speech.

Roll forward to the Nixon Administration. Here is a guy who saddles us with these wonderful bureaucracies like the Environmental Protection Agency which has the power
to declare a mud puddle in your backyard a wetland for endangered species like the snail darter or some such critter.

Then he tops off this performance with a complete inability to punch his way out of a wet paper bag in the cluster foxtrot known as Watergate.

Now we come to the great Republican known as Ronald Reagan.

By his own admission he is an FDR Democrat and former Union President (Screen Actors Guild) who did not leave the DemocRAT party, but  learned the
DemocRAT party had left him! By the same token it would be equally true to say he did not join the Republican Party but the Republican Party joined him.

So what do we get? The 1986 Gun Control Act as well as a double digit increase in Government Bureaucracy which is (presumably) offset by the growth
of the economy thru tax cuts. Tax cuts which give us bigger government! There is a recipe we should all be proud to author!

Now we come to King George the First and King George the Second.

A stupendous combination of the past with all the liabilities and none of the advantages.

Remember King George the First? "Read my lips, no new taxes?" Followed by  (only) the SECOND LARGEST tax increase in history? RETROACTIVE!!!!!
(Violation of the CONSTITUTIONAL ex post facto provision)

FDR should be so lucky and so proud to pull that off. 

Then for good measure he burns his NRA Membership card after his administration shoots Timmy and Lassie AND Madonna with child at Ruby Ridge.
(Could you possibly ask for better iconic symbolism of Goobermint out of control? Remember, these are the Republicans, the GOOD guys)

And of course, we now have King George the Second.

In the name of National Security he strip searches Grandma at the Airport, but forgets to check the cargo hold of the same airplane Grandma flies on.

He has nothing to say about these mind numbing DUI checkpoints that inflict millions of  dollars of economic damage on innocent Americans while playing
catch and release with the same handful of drunks they played catch and release the previous 25 times they were caught (and released) while COMPLETELY
ignoring the millions of  illegal immigrants and terrorists who cross the border of this country EVERY DAY.

He let TED KENNEDY, Hero of Chappaquiddick, write the boondoggle known as the Education Bill and then got hammered by the same Ted Kennedy,
Hero of Chappaquiddick, for not doing enough for education.

There's Alberto Gonzalez, no friend to the 2nd Amendment, who cannot think to issue a one sentence press release- "US Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President"
and single-handly fabricates out of whole cloth a non-scandal that drags on for months besmirching Republicans everywhere.

Into this environment comes one Fred Thompson, hands already bloodied from a naked assault on the First Amendment known as McCain-Feingold, promising us all once
again he alone can keep brownies from sticking to the pan.

Good grief, I have this script memorized and can recite it from memory: Fred Thompson will moooove to the right to get nominated and then he will mooooove to the "center"
(whatever THAT is) to get elected and we will be stuck with the same crap we have been stuck with the entire 20th Century.

What crypto-covert Bolsheviks will populate his administration from top to bottom should he be lucky enough to prevail over Herr Hitlerly Rod-em Clintigula?

Face it, the soapbox, jury box and ballot box seem to have failed us all.

To the guillotine with all of them, let God sort them out.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 11:30:02 PM »
Whew!  :o
 Kinda have me tongue tied here. Let me digest this.. Most of it I knew.. but never quite put it all together.
 Unfortunately, there is no guillotine .. so we better figure to do the best with what we hav in front of us.

I have to say though that Fred still has my vote.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

howlrwy

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 11:41:47 AM »
I just caught up on the thread, and I know a lot of truth has been brought out in this section.  Even so, with all the others who are trying for the office, I still have to stick with Fred.  Giuliani bothers me because to become a "Republican" mayor in New York you have to be an extremely liberal Republican.  He is anti gun despite what he tries to claim now.  The rest are even worse.  I'm just hoping that Fred might be what some of us see he can be.
NRA Life Member

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 09:29:16 PM »

I have to say though that Fred still has my vote.

When this site gets a letter from the FEC explaining your McCain/Feingold Free Speech rights 60 days before an election be sure
to post the complete text for all to enjoy.

Best regards,

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:49:38 AM »

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 09:39:44 PM »
.  I'm just hoping that Fred might be what some of us see he can be.

We can, we must, do better.  ** Zero tolerance for medocrity, just say no to Kakistocracy.**

Note the wonderful use of language from the quote below: "programs that do violence to the Constitution, failed in their purpose, impose an unwarrented fiscal burden" "first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible." " I was informed the
People's main interest is liberty and it in that cause I do the very best I can."

Best regards

The Goldwater Doctrine:

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom.

My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden.

I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible.

And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' interests, I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

- Former Sen. Barry Goldwater (R-Ariz.), "The Conscience of a Conservative"

charliefarmerboy33

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »
Do you have a Goldwater like candidate in mind?
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said.

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »
Do you have a Goldwater like candidate in mind?

Look in the mirror. The leaders will follow where ever (We) the people lead.

Best regards,

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »

Unfortunately, there is no guillotine .. so we better figure to do the best with what we hav in front of us.

Ha! There is always a guillotine when you need one!

Best regards,

Link:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/09/12/national/a140553D27.DTL

(09-12) 14:05 PDT Allen Park, Mich. (AP) --

The body of a 41-year-old man was found in a wooded area next to a guillotine he built and used to kill himself, police said. The man, from the Detroit suburb of Melvindale, was discovered Monday by workers from a shopping center near his home.

Allen Park Deputy Police Chief Dale Covert said the roughly six-foot tall guillotine was bolted to a tree and included a swing arm. Covert said police also found several store receipts detailing the materials used to assemble the device.

"I can't even tell you how long it must have taken him to construct," he said. "This man obviously was very determined to end his life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk