Author Topic: .380 Auto misfires  (Read 7768 times)

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .380 Auto misfires
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 01:35:21 PM »
Have you had an opportunity to shoot the pistol with factory ammo yet? 

If there were no misfires I would reload 50 rounds making sure the primers are seated correctly and try again.
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »
I'm a little late to this thread but I would offer a piece of advice. DO NOT use your reloads when you carry or even for home SD. Keep them for the range. You are just begging for legal trouble otherwise. An anti-gun prosecutor or a plantiffs attorney can paint you to be some sort of blood thirsty gunfighter type who isn't satisfied with commercial ammo, but has to reload his own "killer" bullets. Its stupid, it sucks, but its life. Buy a box of good factory SD rounds (no matter the cost) and carry those. Just my .02.
FQ13 who believes strongly in CYA insurance

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »
I'm a little late to this thread but I would offer a piece of advice. DO NOT use your reloads when you carry or even for home SD. Keep them for the range. You are just begging for legal trouble otherwise. An anti-gun prosecutor or a plantiffs attorney can paint you to be some sort of blood thirsty gunfighter type who isn't satisfied with commercial ammo, but has to reload his own "killer" bullets. Its stupid, it sucks, but its life. Buy a box of good factory SD rounds (no matter the cost) and carry those. Just my .02.
FQ13 who believes strongly in CYA insurance

Strangely I agree with the pacifist quaker (;D).  But my reason is reliabliity.  I reload all of my ammo for matches and never think twice.  But when I carry(and I always carry) I stoke my gat with factory HPs only.  My reason is that if my pistol fails to go bang in a match it is little more than an irritation.  If it fails to fire when a gang of chain swinging nancy boys are trying to send me to Valhalla it is another story entirely.
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk