Author Topic: AR Manufacturer Enters Handgun Market  (Read 4693 times)

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AR Manufacturer Enters Handgun Market
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »
I have been thinking I might want to add one with a rail on it.  Hmm..

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

coltman45

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 06:22:59 AM »
I remember seeing one of the DoubleStar 45's (without the railing) a few years ago. This was at a gun show in Louisville. At the
time, they were trying to sell them for $450. Of course, it was not as "fancy" as they one they have now. I talked to the owner shortly  there after about getting one. I was told the ones at the show were Demos.  The next ones would be fancier and run be
tween 850 and 950..   
  Still not a bad looking gun; wish they'd loose the rail though

Badgersmilk

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 12:01:39 PM »
Hammer, trigger, rail, sights, safety, looks like the "good stuff" most people add or want.  I'm sure enough shopping will turn one up for under a grand.  May turn out to be a pretty good deal if it shoots right!

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »
Will have to check that out eventually. I would love to add a 1911 to my collection but cripes the prices are outrageous! Just don't see coming off over a grand if it is not investion in a new AR platform, preferably in .308.

stavee

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
The only bad 1911 I had was in the Navy. Must have been Marine rejects.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:40:18 AM »

Princi

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »
I picked one up at SportingArms.COM in Lewisville, Texas today for $1074.  (Lewisville is just north of DFW airport). 

The gun came with only one magazine (Novak), but in a really nice 5.11 rug.  There is room in the rug for 5 magazines and they had some cheap little lock with it (ok by me).   The pistol is in a separate zippered compartment.

Surprises: there wasn't a bushing tool shipped with it, and there really isn't a need for one: you can more it easily with your finger. (Try that with a Les Baer).  The finish is very good, and the front strap doesn't cut into your fingers like some of the sharp front straps do.  The trigger is truely a work of art.  Just a tad of takeup, a truely outstandingly crisp break, and no overtravel. 

How well will it shoot?  I won't know for awhile because of 3 w's holding me up: "wife", "work", "well".  The last one is the real problem.  This has been my worst year for allergies in over 20 years.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 12:28:54 AM »
Piques, and piqued.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk