Author Topic: My P226 with the SRT system (Range report)  (Read 10106 times)

Thankgod4sig

• I want to be on tour with M.Bane
  • Forum Member
    • SIGForum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My P226 with the SRT system (Range report)
« on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:23 PM »
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/948109458

A couple weeks ago I wrote this thread http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/677104738. Well Yesterday I got the pistol back from SIG. I even got a nice grey box that fits my P226+2 other mags perfectly. (Thank you SIGArms) Today I went to work knowing I was headed to the range to shoot my P226 with this new trigger system. @ 230pm I headed up State Route 315 to the Powell, Ohio area and dropped off some mail at the post office and then drove over to the Powder Room. I took 200 rounds of WWB 115gr FMJ rounds with me, purchased three targets and walked through the door into the range.

On the lanes next to me were three younger guys with their pants down around the ankles, great wanna-be's trying to shoot some sort of Taurus DAO .45ACP. I sent my target down range @ 25 feet, and loaded both 15 round magazines I brought with me.

I charged my P226 and took aim, fired five slow fire shots to get my feel right and then let loose with the SRT. Holy Shiite folks this is better than a DAK system! and I love the DAK system! I have never been a big "double tap" fan but with this new trigger system it makes follow up shots simple quick and deadly. 15 rounds later and all 15 rounds inside the 9x or 10x I felt at home with this new trigger.

Folks its that easy. If this knuckle dragging, short, fat, ugly dispatcher can use it and love it, think what it will and can do with you.

After 100 rounds through with the new trigger from distance of 25 and @30 feet I sent the target out to the full distance 50 feet. (Short range what can I say) And tried some stuff from that distance. Just as easy and accuracy slow firing was perfect (at least for me) I fired 30 rounds and everything worked perfect for me at that distance.

I put the third and final target back to @25 feet and loaded up the magazines again. More quick action "double taps" and "triple tags." I quickly tore out the 10x of the target with just a few rounds outside the 9x. I had some added attention from the wanna-be's who did not know I was slightly listening in with my electronic ears. They were impressed with the accuracy, and were suddenly trying to duplicate my firing with their guns. Folks it did not work, they were all over the place.

I fired my last magazine and packed up with a smile on my face. And drove home.

Guys and girls, Ethan (SIGArms engineer) has made the perfect SIG enhancement. From what I overheard at Shot Show the SRT was made for the "CHiPs" but sadly they went with the S&W 4006 TSW, I think they made the wrong choice. the P226 with the SRT is the best thing I can think of right now.

While I do not do a lot of IPSC shooting (I've been twice) I might have to go down and try it. This could be fun.

Thanks SIGArms, and Thanks Michael Bane
Kevin

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: My P226 with the SRT system (Range report)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »
A couple of questions:
The Short Reset Trigger (SRT) is a double/single system?
Assuming that is correct, does the SRT change the pull weight or just the distance before sear reset?
Wondering about pull weight and trigger quality (experience) on SRT vs DAK?

thanks,
Overload in Colorado
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Crescendo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:39:17 PM »
I do not have the specifics at this point, but I believe it to be both.  The reset is shorter, and easier to feel, and light and smooth.  If I can obtain the spec's I will repost.

I have the SRT on two pieces now, a P229 .40 S&W Elite and a P220 Carry Elite .45ACP and have shot a P226 ELite 9mm.  Outstanding!!  SIG now offers (available in March 2007 I believe) the SRT make-over for selected SIGweapons.  If you get a chance, try one of these -

Crescendo

Thankgod4sig

• I want to be on tour with M.Bane
  • Forum Member
    • SIGForum
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 03:29:40 PM »
A couple of questions:
The Short Reset Trigger (SRT) is a double/single system?
Assuming that is correct, does the SRT change the pull weight or just the distance before sear reset?
Wondering about pull weight and trigger quality (experience) on SRT vs DAK?

thanks,
Overload in Colorado

Trigger pull weight is not changed.  Its the distance to sear reset.  And yes its a DA/SA thing.

SRT vs. DAK they are two different animals.   I have both now and a regular DA/SA P228,P225.  I love the DAK.  And no there is no DAK SRT. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk