Author Topic: Savage 110 FCP-K .300 Win. Mag.  (Read 30030 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Savage 110 FCP-K .300 Win. Mag.
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 11:41:33 PM »
GREAT article!  

This time around I think I'm just gonna take everything to BassPro.  $20 bucks, and he did have the torque screw driver there, didnt stay to watch him use it, but it was on his table, along with the two pointy metal pieces in the article I dont have.

The alignment tools will eliminate the need for most lapping of the rings.
By the way BM, I know that Smurf song was queer but I hadn't worked up balls enough to post this one
LANGUAGE WARNING !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srJeD0mJoE&feature=PlayList&p=7C05951A1977D379&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=43

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 08:56:37 AM »
I was going to post that but I didn't want BM to think I was hitting on him.  ;D
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »
I've never had the benefit of the alighnment tool.  I use a solid piece of S.S. bar stock 12"X1", wrap it with 180 grit, tighten down the rings enough to give resistance when I turn the bar, lap for about 1 minute (its mostly by feel), take the rings apart and usually find I've removed about 30%-40% of the paint inside the rings, and in area's where the paint is still remaining it will show wear from the lapping.  That is my guide to know when to quit.  When you can see the whole inside surface will be touching the scope tube.

But again, for $20 bucks I dont have to worry about causing cant as I tighten down the rings, dont have lap rings at all, boresight, proper torque on the screws, any of it.  I just mount the rings on the base where I want them, show them where I want the scope placed in the rings, and BassPro takes care of the rest while I take my kid to look at the giant fish tank.  Just might be the ticket!  ;D

As far as Smurf's...  I've seen a video of Azriel and Gargamel that would perminately warp the mind of every child in the world who saw it.  NO, I dont know what the link to it is. ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 10:37:37 PM »

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 10:45:35 PM »
I've never had the benefit of the alighnment tool.  I use a solid piece of S.S. bar stock 12"X1", wrap it with 180 grit, tighten down the rings enough to give resistance when I turn the bar, lap for about 1 minute (its mostly by feel), take the rings apart and usually find I've removed about 30%-40% of the paint inside the rings, and in area's where the paint is still remaining it will show wear from the lapping.  That is my guide to know when to quit.  When you can see the whole inside surface will be touching the scope tube.

But again, for $20 bucks I dont have to worry about causing cant as I tighten down the rings, dont have lap rings at all, boresight, proper torque on the screws, any of it.  I just mount the rings on the base where I want them, show them where I want the scope placed in the rings, and BassPro takes care of the rest while I take my kid to look at the giant fish tank.  Just might be the ticket!  ;D

As far as Smurf's...  I've seen a video of Azriel and Gargamel that would perminately warp the mind of every child in the world who saw it.  NO, I dont know what the link to it is. ;D

Badger, you have been coming up with some different avatars. I miss the Humungus.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:40:14 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 10:50:52 PM »
Kid, I cant help it, the dog makes me laugh a little everytime I see him. ;D  I'd say he's the OFFICIAL #1 fan of Pink Panther! ;D

Aside from M'ette, NONE of us wants to see The Great Humungus having that good of a time. ;D

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 11:38:53 PM »
What in the hell is up with your avatar Badgersmilk??? A dog screwing the Pink Panther? You are one sick puppy but that is hilarious, yet quite crude.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 01:03:42 PM »
Too bad you can't add music to an avatar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy0ZoiJVmQk
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 01:39:31 PM »
One thing I would add to anyone who wants, or needs to lap scope rings. It is only necessary to lap the bottom half of the rings that are mounted to the rifle. The top half of the rings are self centering, and will conform to what sits in them. Any and all misalignment will be conducive to the bottom half of the rings only.  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk