Author Topic: Laser Grip Warning stickers  (Read 3141 times)

dbltap

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Laser Grip Warning stickers
« on: November 10, 2007, 10:33:19 PM »
Just got my first and not last laser grip.  I put this one on my blued J frame 38.  But what's this? They want me to put these warning decals on my gun?  That's like putting decals on the playmate of the month.  Please tell me it's just a Liability issue from Crimson Trace.  They just supply the decals and that transfers the liability to me, right?

Dbltap

"If con is the opposite of pro ; does that mean that congress is the opposite of progress?
"Galagher"

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: Laser Grip Warning stickers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:55:08 AM »
I have the same stickers....so if I'm a dumb ass and shine the thing in my eyes then maybe they would be able to convince a jury that they should not pay me for being stupid.  It's a lawyer thing and in today's society it's something they have to do.  I sure would hate it if some antigun nut bought a laser, managed to put it on a paintball gun, shined it in their eyes and sued Crimson Trace out of existence.

I've been warned.  My stickers hit the round file.  The liability of use or misuse is mine and Crimson Trace can reference this link that I knew if, for some strange reason, I lost my rabbit-assed-mind and sued them for blinding a squirrel or something.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 09:02:30 AM »
Dbltap, I just want to make certain that you to know I was not referring to you!  Whenever some liability thing is mentioned I get the redass at some of the lawyers in the legal profession so please don't construe it as me lambasting you...I could have written it better and, when I was reviewing it I hit post instead of preview.  I've a cousin that grew up 1/2 mile from me who is a high profile trial attorney....just goes to show there is a black sheep in every family.  I'm just right of Atillia the Hun and that guy used to be a trustee for the DNC.

By the way, with dbltap as a name are you the guy I get that fantastic Doubletap 10 MM ammo from?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »
I noticed that in Australia Lawyer and Liar sound the same.
Maybe they know something we don't.

dbltap

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 10:40:39 AM »
Thanks for the info. No offense taken.  Dbltap comes from my cop days on the range. Double tap that target!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:19:41 AM »

WILLIAM A FARLEY Jr.

• waterdragon
  • Forum Member
  • KEEP ON GUARD FOR THE HOME FRONT!
    • billye1952@policeone.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 11:47:31 PM »
LASER GRIP OR LIGHT ARE MADE WITH A PRE-CAUTION FOR A PERSON NOT AWARE OF THE DANGER. EXAMPLE! LASER CAN REFLECT ON
SHINE OR SMOOTH SURFACE. THAT CAUSE TO BOUND SOMEWHERE TO EYES...EVEN FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF ONE OR TWO SECONDS.
CAN CAUSE DAMAGE...IN LATER ON.   A DELAYED ACTION. LIKE MY 870 SHOTGUN THAT HAVE A LASERMAX. LASER AND FLASHLIGHT AS
ONE UNIT. THINK ABOUT IT!
the late j.f.k "ASK NOT WHAT THE THE COUNTRY CAN DO FOR
YOU! ASK WHAT WE CAN DO FOR THE COUNTRY!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk