Author Topic: 7.62x39 fans  (Read 8616 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 7.62x39 fans
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 02:15:59 PM »
Oh crap you can get 500 for 149.00 FMJ or HP  and the price goes down every day. HPs are more accurate as in every bullet . I don't dribble into those who want accuracy out of a Kalashnikov rifle. Cmon, its a 200m in rifle. Are people really shooting 762x39 out of a bolt rifle ? OMG get a good 762x54 and get a grip.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Badgersmilk

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 01:24:36 PM »
Yes the difference between a .308" bullet, and a .311" bore is small.  The chronograph proves the differance matters.  How much it matters depends on the individual, and their wants and needs.

Letter to Hornady Customer Service:

Me - "Great to see you've introduced the new 7.62x39 ammo with the V-Max
bullets!  I'm wondering how soon, we may expect to see just the .310" V-Max bullet
available for reloaders?"

The reply - "Thank you for your inquiry.  We are always working on New Products.  We
will take your suggestion into consideration.  Please watch our website
for announcement of New Products late December/January."

I'm only guessing they went with .310" to bridge the gap between the mini-thirty and all other 7.62 rifles.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 10:18:22 AM »
I really like Hornady's products as well as their ammunition, but that stuff should be brass cased and reloadable for that price, to say the least. I'm just not a big fan of steel cased ammunition. I realize the AK-47 is more or less designed for steel case, but I still prefer a reloadable brass case for all of my shooting. I guess I'm getting cheap in my old age, and just don't see the value in shooting ammo that can't be reloaded. I'm not the worst however. Some years back when my wife and I were shooting a lot of trap, we knew a trap shooter who would walk out in front of the trap house and pick up spent plastic wads. He took them home, washed them in the dishwasher, and RELOADED THEM! I told Melanie if I ever get that bad it will be time to shoot me instead of clay targets.  ;D    Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk