Author Topic: It's Carbine day at the range  (Read 5479 times)

Johnny Bravo

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's Carbine day at the range
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 02:27:45 PM »
I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous.

OK.....I'M JEALOUS !  Still on my wish list.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »
The Camp 9 uses S&W 59xx series magazines.  Very common, inexpensive and available from several aftermarket companies.    Most of mine are ~15 round capacity.   I had a 30 rounder but sold it, because it didn't function reliably.    I keep thinking I'll do something with the stock.  Don't like what's on the aftermarket, but that's a project for a later date.  I want a higher comb and to insure the barrel is free floating.  Not into it looking like an AR or a space-age gun.  I'm fine with wood.

OH and if you have one (or a Camp 45) you need to get some replacement recoil buffers.  The original one will shatter eventually (as mine did).  The gun will function without it in a pinch, the problem is getting all the little pieces out of the action/trigger.  I think the original tended to be more "plastic" and definitely crystalized after about 20 years.  Replacements are cheap and having several spares is a good idea.  The delrin ones should last a long time.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »
I wish Marlin would bring back the camp 45.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk