Author Topic: Requesting Opinions on Carbine Selection  (Read 16602 times)

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Requesting Opinions on Carbine Selection
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2009, 10:22:44 PM »
The .22LR is another good reason to go with the 5.56. A .22LR conversion kit is a good way to save a few bucks on ammo and still be able to train with your regular rifle. Bonus most indoor ranges will let you shoot your AR's with .22LR.  ;D
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 09:09:14 AM »
The only negative with the conversion is that you only get trigger time. Most of the other controls do not work the same so you will not be trained on the use of the controls. Point of impact can be set identical at training distance of your range set.

Also the lack of a backup rifle  for the event of a part breakage is another overlooked bonus. It will be that funsaver of the weekend, lifesaver of the hypothetical catastrophe. <------- thank you spell check

tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 09:19:27 AM »
and for you AK guys n gals...........

GSG AK47 Rifles
The German Sports Group AK47 rifle is one of the most anticipated new GSG firearms to reach the hearts and hands of firearms collectors. We are proud to offer the full listing of GSG AK rifles and GSG AK parts. So when your looking for a GSG rifle, we are your one stop solution.

Hot Sellers

American Tactical Imports-Rifles/Shotguns-GSG GERG2224AK47W AK-47 22LR Wood 24rd

GSG GERG2224AK47W AK-47 22LR Wood 24rd

$444.83

http://www.gsg5rifle.com/category/1792-GSG_AK47_Rifle.aspx

"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Sethsquatch

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »
Thanks to all for your opinions.  The point regarding commonality of ammunition is well taken.  I'll probably go for a .223 version of the XCR.  I already have a Remington 870 and M1A .308 for defense of a fixed location.  I'm primarily looking for something a little easier to carry if I need to go afield in a potentially hostile environment.  The .223 caliber would allow for toting more ammo along as well. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk