Author Topic: GLOCK COPIES M&P  (Read 17732 times)

Kilroy

• Active Forum Member
  • JAFMP
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GLOCK COPIES M&P
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 10:29:52 PM »
But we dont waltz around here acting like internet commandos and perpetrating like we have personal sit downs with Gaston........

Wrong on both.  I've held the final production version of the new Glock.  I get to see most of the new models before they get public exposure.  Much as I'd like to be here more often, I have a job away from the internet which allows me quite a bit of exposure to the gun industry.  And no, I don't work for any company.   And definitely NOT a gun writer.
Kilroy...

...was here.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 07:54:03 AM »
Kilroy,
Michael Bane's info about the latest Glock in last week's podcast contradicts what you wrote in a prior post. One of you do not know what you're talking about when it comes to this subject......And I have confidence in Michael Bane....

;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 08:15:36 AM »
 ::)  The fact that some company made BDU's and gear to FIT that!!!  :o

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »

Michelinman goes to war  ;D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »
Now, if they'd just get rid of the D..N finger grooves!  I know, a lot of folks like them even thou they say they don't fit their hands but better grip texturing (which they are coming out with) would be just as good and maybe a stickier poly. compound.

JMNSHO

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:23:55 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
UPDATE: GLOCK COPIES M&P
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 08:23:37 AM »
Update: From the Firearm Blog

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/12/05/more-confirmation-on-gen-4-glock-features/

It will have adjustable back straps to accommodate different hand sizes.

It will have a different frame texture, which I have heard from others is somewhere between the standard Glock frame and the Glock Rough Textured Frame.

I asked about the rumor I had heard that it would have a different recoil spring (rumor was it would be a double spring to reduce recoil). And I was told that it would have some different internal parts.

I have also heard from a trustworthy source (I cannot reveal the source) that the Gen-4 G17 and G22 models will be initially offered, with the 19 and 23 compact models following shortly after. I also heard that Glock is planning on introducing a model chambered in .22 Long Rifle, although this is not expected for a while yet.

More here:
http://www.saysuncle.com/2009/12/03/fourth-generation-glock-stuff
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:39 PM »
Personally, I do not like the RFT finish. I would rather have the same grip as a Generation 3 or 1. The finger grooves are offset for a person with smaller hands. The RFT is too rough and I have dealt with numerous officers who like the new Glock, but the destruction of uniforms and gear from the grip is a constant bitch. I am looking for lower frames to replace my Glock 22 RFT. If you are shooting less than 100 rounds at the range, it is perfect. Go over that, you will experience pain. Just my two bits.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 04:24:43 PM »
My only beef with the Gen three Glock is the finger grooves. they don't fit my hand. Its a minor bitch, but I preffered the gen 1 and gen 2 weapons. It seems dumb to build in an "it fits you or it doesn't" feature.
FQ13

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »
My only beef with the Gen three Glock is the finger grooves. they don't fit my hand. Its a minor bitch, but I preffered the gen 1 and gen 2 weapons. It seems dumb to build in an "it fits you or it doesn't" feature.
FQ13

+1 , I am with you on the groves. They hit me in the pads of my fingers. They do not hinder the performance, just annoying. There is no way I am giving up my 3gens. G35 but the new G21 and G20 SF's seem to be a better fit. We can not have them in MA so I can not get one for range time for test and evaluation to be sure.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »
Another +1 on the finger grooves. The G21 grip is big enough without the grooves. It's not really a hindrance to using it, just a personal nit pick as I would be fine without it.

The new gun shop that opened here only offers a $200 credit for a traded in pistol. Even a still slightly used G21. So forget em', I was considering trading it for a new one, but am not going to take a beating on the trade.

Mine is fine, it's a big railroad tie, but I rely on its function, and count on it's performance. It's kinda weird, holding it feels too big, shooting it feels just right....

Hmmmmmm.... ;)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk