Author Topic: Atlanta Burning  (Read 7622 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Atlanta Burning
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:08 AM »
Alf... I think it is about time you give up that shooting thing-a-ma-jig that goes round and round for something designed in the last century, if not this one... ;D

Come on Les,  Wheel Guns are Real Guns.   A couple of thoughts:

I don't know of any truly really new designs this century.
You know that scene from Quigglly Down Under.... "Never said I didn't know how.." 
How's this for .44 mag at 100 yds standing?   (Use to shoot standing IHMSA.)

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2020, 01:22:31 PM »
Ok, I have a question about this "Juneteenth". I am 52 years old and I don't remember anything about until this year.

Ranger Dave

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2020, 01:26:11 PM »
Ok, I have a question about this "Juneteenth". I am 52 years old and I don't remember anything about until this year.

Ranger Dave

Same here and I'm 67. What the hell is, "Juneteenth"?

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2020, 03:03:48 PM »

I never heard of it but here is a link. Stupid but WTH.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/juneteenth-day-celebration.html
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Timothy

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2020, 03:06:01 PM »

June 19, 1865 is the day slaves were truly freed!  The Emancipation Proclamation only managed about 50k.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 02:06:31 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2020, 03:06:18 PM »

Ranger Dave
It's had it's ups and downs since 1865, always a predominately Black  celebration...but fell from "tradition" as Black  children started attending public schools.

Here is a link if interested

https://www.juneteenth.com/history.htm
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2020, 03:42:00 PM »
It's a Texas thing, because it wasn't till June 1865 that the word reach southern Texas. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

BAC

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2020, 03:59:54 PM »

I’ve never heard if it until this year either. And whatever happened to Kwanza?  I haven’t heard it mentioned in several years.

tombogan03884

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »
Alf, Chiappa Rhino , and Ruger LCR are unique.
But mostly you are correct The last change in revolvers was when they settled on left hand swing out cylinders .

BAC, The truth is that Juneteenth, and the Emancipation Proclamation are both BS .
Blacks think there's something special about living somewhere it took2 months to hear the war was over. The Proclamation was just a PR stunt that freed exactly no one. Read it. It only applied to the Confederate states who didn't give a crap what Lincoln said. The truth is that Maryland had legal slavery until the 13th, and 14th amendments went into effect  December 1865 well after the end of the war.

As for Kwanza, to much knowledge that it's "founder" was a murdering scumbag for it to catch on.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2020, 09:38:25 PM »
Alf... nice shooting at 100yd....I started my shooting hobby in IHMSA...got one leg into  International Standing in big bore (cast bullets) and rimfire before started IPSC (pre USPSA)....a friend and I necked down a 30-30 to 7mm with a 45 degree shoulder (Clymer made the reamer and Redding the dies).... the 7 rimmed international came out about 3 months later as an Elgin Gates design... Mick shot a couple of 40x with a T/C, .... for standing I shot a Merrill in .357mag and a High Standard Citation ....of course that was with 33 year old eyes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk