Author Topic: Right handed, left eye dominant. Welcome to the club MB  (Read 8091 times)

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Right handed, left eye dominant. Welcome to the club MB
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »
My son is right handed and left eye dominant.  The army requires him to shoot to qualify left handed.  A real pain at first but now he shoots his little M4 left handed like he was born to it.

He does carry his M9 on his right leg though.  The only purpose of a pistol is to give you time to get to your rifle anyway.   ;D
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »
In addition to the Winchester 1887 shotgun, you might look at the Ithaca Model 37 (regular or featherweight) or the Browning BPS. Both have bottom eject so can be used by either right or left-handed shooters.

While the Ithaca isn't really being made anymore, there are plenty of used ones around including police models. I think the LAPD used it for years.

Those might not be OK for Cowboy or or Wild Bunch matches.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 04:29:08 PM »
Those might not be OK for Cowboy or or Wild Bunch matches.

Re the Ithaca and Browning BPS, you are probably correct. However, they still are excellent shotguns for those people with cross-dominance.
So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

joemerchant24

• Active Forum Member
    • Joe's Crabby Shack
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 04:15:53 PM »
I too am RH, but left-eye.

On handguns, no big deal. Rifles with red dots or scopes, I can cope. Open sights, like a lever gun, I've never tried.

Where I suffer is shotguns. To hit a barn, I have to shoot lefty.

This has paid off with the AR.

Recently, I took a Farnam class and as with most good trainers, he had us work on weak hand as well as strong hand. I had little to no trouble making the transition, as I have sent a lot of 12 gauge downrange lefthanded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk