Author Topic: AIM has Mosin's for $79.95  (Read 7603 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AIM has Mosin's for $79.95
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »
Looks like the 91/40s are starting to creep up in cost so if'n ya want one now would be a good time.

91/40 79.95,

Hex is 99.95,

Hex with all matching s/n (including bayonet) is 129.95

M44 is 179.95

All come with accessories.

All prices quoted are from SOG (Southern Ohio Guns)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

bluesman001

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 03:50:47 PM »
EVERYTHING Moisin....all models....

91/30 stocks start at $39, and up, even early/late models, brass tip handguards, $12. Misc hardware,....literally everything.

Bought some 1891 Arg. Mauser Parts from them, very professional. Great resource.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=17
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

bluesman001

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:53 PM »
Much better, good link man!

BAC

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
Bookmarked that one.   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:49:34 AM »

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »
Hi;

BAC  ,  try cheaper than dirt - they offer a   Monte Carlo  style stock. If you go to some of the sites that have Mosin  discussion forums you may want to "Franken"  your wooden stock

BAC

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »
Hi;

BAC  ,  try cheaper than dirt - they offer a   Monte Carlo  style stock. If you go to some of the sites that have Mosin  discussion forums you may want to "Franken"  your wooden stock

Thanks.  I'm leaning toward a Monte Carlo-style stock.  I'm also looking to shorten the barrel and add a scope mount.  I figure for $80 if I screw it up it's no big deal.  Later on I'd like to try to reblue it.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 06:07:33 PM »
Thanks.  I'm leaning toward a Monte Carlo-style stock.  I'm also looking to shorten the barrel and add a scope mount.  I figure for $80 if I screw it up it's no big deal.  Later on I'd like to try to reblue it.

If you can, BAC, try to get either you, or a Smith, to thread the barrel for a Compensator...The "sporterizing" of Moisins is becoming as popular as the Mausers back in the day,...(I have my Grandfather's Sporterized Mauser)...and a Comp, should work fine.

My shooting partner just did the Monte Carlo thing on his Moisin, and had to just file a bit here, sand a bit there, to bed the rifle. But it came together, and is his go to Hog gun,...or Zombie Rifle if you prefer.... ::)

Either way,...it works out great,....and you can get the bipod ready version..... 8)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

BAC

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »
If you can, BAC, try to get either you, or a Smith, to thread the barrel for a Compensator...The "sporterizing" of Moisins is becoming as popular as the Mausers back in the day,...(I have my Grandfather's Sporterized Mauser)...and a Comp, should work fine.

My shooting partner just did the Monte Carlo thing on his Moisin, and had to just file a bit here, sand a bit there, to bed the rifle. But it came together, and is his go to Hog gun,...or Zombie Rifle if you prefer.... ::)

Either way,...it works out great,....and you can get the bipod ready version..... 8)

Thanks, TW.  I'm looking forward to trying lots of things on it.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »
If I weren't a lefty I'd own two. But like Basfu says, even though I learned to shoot on RH bolts, going back to one is a bitch. I'll pass. But if I was RH, I'd buy one, chop it down to twenty inches or less and have a great deer or hog gun. I still want one, but I want a Sterling repro too. Neither will happen because of being a south paw, but both are very cool.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk