Author Topic: AIM has Mosin's for $79.95  (Read 7553 times)

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AIM has Mosin's for $79.95
« on: October 06, 2011, 05:11:24 PM »
I know there's a lot of Mosin love on this site so if anyone is looking: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3MOSIN9130
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: AIM has Mosin's for $79.95
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »
You can get the hex receiver type (stronger) for the same price at SOG.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

BAC

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:55:06 AM »
Just bought one in really nice shape at a local dealer for $79.98.  They picked up the sales tax on the entire purchase, too.  Thought that was nice of them.

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 02:07:18 PM »
Hi;

My LGS adds $10 per mosin and includes the shipping and State Tax - so it is usually @$95-100.00 per weapon depending on who has them available at the time. I have 7 so far and I sand them down due to the Varnish being of poor showing on the stock. I want to get at least 3 more - for the price I can have an arsenal at the house. Ammo is plentiful and I pay usually $90 for a 440rd spam can at the Gun Show. They bark and kick and have a nice pig sticker to get the bad guys attention if needed.

In another forum there is a guy in SC that is being coached/advised on Mosins. The "teacher" is a man that started to work at one of the Mosin factorys in Russia in 1943. He has his factory stamps and has provided info that corrects some data in other nets/sites. As time becomes available the Guy in SC is going to post some info on the workings of the Mosins. This should be interesting !

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
You can get the hex receiver type (stronger) for the same price at SOG.

Good to know, I haven't jumped on the bandwaggon yet, mainly because I'm a lefty and all my bolt rifles are LH action. I wouldn't want to do a lot of shooting with a RH bolt and find myself grabbing the wrong side of the rifle when I need a quick second shot on a pissed off hog. I still think one of these days I'll buy a couple with 2-3 cans of ammo each just to stash at my in-laws, mom's house, burry in the yard etc. Call it get home insurance that they could use in a pinch too.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:03:09 AM »

bluesman001

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 10:11:15 PM »
If you do it right with a Mosin, won't need a 2nd shot!  Pig would be roasted by the flames after the shot, ready to eat!

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »
If you do it right with a Mosin, won't need a 2nd shot!  Pig would be roasted by the flames after the shot, ready to eat!
I was thinking more like when I go back to my LH rifle but either way I just see my hand on the wrong side of the receiver at the wrong time.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

capbyrd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 11:09:06 PM »
I don't how much I would worry about the hex rifles being stronger but my personal preference is hex because they look better.  I currently have a couple from AIM but I want to add another ten or so to the arsenal. 

bluesman001

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 08:39:20 AM »
I have the Laminate, want the Hex (would love a lam hex), and a M44.

BAC

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »
Anyone have good recommendations for replacement stocks for a 91/30?  I'm looking to do a little customization.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk