Author Topic: Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????  (Read 32990 times)

BAC

Re: Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »
Been loving this walk down memory lane!

Sometimes the best camera truly is the one you have with you.  Usually a phone these days:

.38 S&W, .38 Special, .357 Magnum
by Brian Chiaravalle, on Flickr

Enfield No. 2 Mk. 1 and Nagant 1895

20150705_135130

Snickers in Repose

BAC

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2017, 11:55:32 PM »
Forgot about the Contax G1.  The lenses for this thing were crazy good.  Been waiting for a digital successor ever since.  Some have come close.

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2017, 04:58:37 AM »
Nice comments all. Hope everyone had a good Father's Day. For Mother's Day I got the wife the new Tamron 16-300 for her Nikons, both of which have IS  in the Lens and Body( the older Body had it built in in 2008-The new one we got at Costco a few months back which is a 2014 model). I also got her 2-32 & 2-64 gb cards so she is set now, we also have 2-32's for the Nikon Coolpix 6100 pocket, and the J1, as well as the Toshiba 1080P video cam....

Sgt. Gator wants to know when it's Doggy son Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
Been loving this walk down memory lane!

Sometimes the best camera truly is the one you have with you.  Usually a phone these days:

A lot of people have cell phones and the cameras seem to be getting really good but I've never had one. A couple of hours ago one of my friends was talking about giving me a cell phone that belonged to her mother. My first cell phone will be nothing fancy which suits me just fine. I just want it for emergencies and don't need or want a smart phone. I don't need it to be a camera or MP3 player or anything other than a phone.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2017, 07:02:05 PM »
A lot of people have cell phones and the cameras seem to be getting really good but I've never had one. A couple of hours ago one of my friends was talking about giving me a cell phone that belonged to her mother. My first cell phone will be nothing fancy which suits me just fine. I just want it for emergencies and don't need or want a smart phone. I don't need it to be a camera or MP3 player or anything other than a phone.

I have a Motorola Moto G smart phone for myself and my wife. I paid $100.00 for each of them, and $42.00 a month for both with service from Consumer Cellular. It has a camera that's pretty good, but nothing like the high dollar smart phones have. We're both happy with them, and I have them both paired to the hands free phone in our new Jeep. That said I would never pay high dollars for the latest Samsung or Apple smart phone. I just don't use them often enough.

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 03:27:10 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2017, 10:49:02 PM »
My friend has been trying to talk me into getting a TracFone for years that only costs $19.99 for 90 days. I just looked online and it's only $17.99 for 90 days with Auto-Refill. I don't think I can beat cell service for $6 a month. I looked into Consumer Cellular too a while back but just kept putting off a decision on what to get. I don't even know if my new phone will have a camera on it but if it does I expect it will be crap.

I bought a camera last year and took some pictures and printed them up to show my insurance agent what I have. My music collection includes over 500 CDs and some tapes and records. If I didn't have proof of the number of CDs I have they wouldn't all be covered. My agent put the pictures in my file in case I ever have to make a claim. That's one good use for a camera that more people should take advantage of.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2017, 11:50:21 AM »
My friend has been trying to talk me into getting a TracFone for years that only costs $19.99 for 90 days. I just looked online and it's only $17.99 for 90 days with Auto-Refill. I don't think I can beat cell service for $6 a month. I looked into Consumer Cellular too a while back but just kept putting off a decision on what to get. I don't even know if my new phone will have a camera on it but if it does I expect it will be crap.

That's what I use, Jumbo.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
I thought I got my camera last year but it was the year before. Here's a picture I took 2 years ago almost to the day. I took it in a much larger size and used Paint to shrink it down to 15% today. Even at the smaller size you can kind of make out flies on some of my daisies. I tried posting it at 20% of the original size which fills most of my monitor but it was still too big for the forum.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »
Is there any market for 35 MM film cameras anymore?

BAC

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2017, 05:47:04 PM »
Is there any market for 35 MM film cameras anymore?

Unless you have Leica M series cameras/lenses, no.  Some rare cameras still fetch a decent price, but most of the common models can be had pretty reasonably.  If you're looking to sell, I would suggest contacting KEH in Georgia first.  They are the biggest used camera dealers in the country.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk