Author Topic: Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????  (Read 32998 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2017, 09:02:16 AM »
So Bill, what are you going to do?

For now I'm just going to try and educate myself about these things. Then for sure either before Christmas, ("Cyber Monday"), or else just after, I'll take the plunge. Melanie wants me to photograph my whole collection with updated information, serial numbers, prices, etc. So if anything happened to me she wouldn't be in the dark, and get taken advantage of. I don't even want to think about that until it cools off around here. I hate having to deal with stuff like that. But when you get in your 60's, and start seeing friends and relatives your age dying off, you can't help it. And you constantly read about women getting ripped off, when trying to sell their husbands gun collections.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 584
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2017, 03:49:38 PM »
Well heck.  Save yourself a little change if you are wanting to take gun pictures.  Start selling them now. 

Let's not let the little lady get ripped off when you can get ripped off while you're still kickin'. 

Whatcha' got?     8)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 584
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »
OK Bill.  What the heck are you going to get?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2017, 10:49:04 PM »
Inquiring minds want to know.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2017, 04:35:32 AM »
I'm still leaning toward something along these lines. It will do most everything I would need a camera for. And if it, "triggers something" that gets me going, I can always get something better down the road.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nikon-d3400-dslr-camera-with-af-p-dx-18-55mm-g-vr-and-70-300mm-g-ed-lenses-black/5580131.p?skuId=5580131

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 05:33:37 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2017, 07:33:45 AM »

Don't forget all the gadgets to go with it...

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2017, 07:48:10 AM »
Yeah, it's like reloading. It never ends. I've got a tripod, but I'll have to at least get a flash to get me going.

Timothy

Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2017, 09:23:41 AM »
Get some filters too.  Saves the lens glass and keeps it cleaner cuz you're cleaning the filter instead of the lens more often.

BAC

« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »
Get some filters too.  Saves the lens glass and keeps it cleaner cuz you're cleaning the filter instead of the lens more often.

Get good protective filters.  Cheap ones will noticibly degrade image quality.

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2017, 09:48:58 AM »
We have a set of Filters for all 6 of her lenses for her two Nikon Bodies. Very useful but starts to run into money. Ex. Her super Sized Zoom Telephoto (Sigma for Nikon 50-500 "Big Ma") the set of Tiffin filters was like $139 ON Sale!!! And I remember buying those on Photo row but I don't think at Adorama although that where we Bought her first Package...
Also if your going to do any speciality photography of any kind, check out a Lensbaby package of some kind if your going to get or have any DSLR. My wife finally started using hers after 8 years( of course she  wants to update it now. I never get any credit for good ifeas[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk