Author Topic: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?  (Read 47844 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 02:33:14 AM »
If I could just get me one of those bunny's as a trained pet... ;)  They needed Elmer Fudd with them. ;D

I've never had my house catch fire...  That doesnt make me feel like I'm being "paranoid" to have home owners insurance though.  (Same thing, just MUCH less important)

I wrap up my rantings with this.  IF poop contacts propeller and for some reason you arent getting out of town when they start talking about martial law...   ??? ??? ???  Be ready to hide your stash in the attic under the insulation QUICK!  I may be wrong, but I really believe thats the only place it wont be found in your home.  If they find ammo, cleaning kit, case...  Even the dumbest one striper can do the math here and your busted!  Hide it all FAST!

One more thing.  BUY THIS RADIO! "Kaito KA009R"  you can plug it in, run on batteries, crank it, or even use solar power, and use it to charge other small electronics (the little flash light LED in it will blind you!)  I've got 2 and they pick up more stations than you can ever believe!  Extremely good recievers!!!  No other radio I've seen comes close.  (a few of our troops got issued these in IRAQ)  Mine have been bounced around a bit and have proven pretty tough. 
http://www.weemscreeksolutions.com/ka009r.htm

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 02:38:12 AM »
I'd love to see them try and move  my safes in the garage.  Sorry I forgot the combo... oh yeah I used 7/8" red heads in all four corners.  You would have to call a good safe cracker.    One of them is over a 150 years old and was the the 1st safe installed in "the river city bank"   In old sacramento.( don't ask, its a long story)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 02:54:33 AM »
Mauserman, whats that bottom gun?

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 04:17:33 AM »
 I figure a 3-gun rifle would work well, no?
I think if poop really hits, whatever you have on hand will have to be what will work well. I was thinking an AK or AR, but I'm now leaning toward a lever 30-30 or a slug gun. The only ammo in any of our stores is shotgun and hunting gun.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 04:18:45 AM »
I'd love to see them try and move  my safes in the garage.  Sorry I forgot the combo... oh yeah I used 7/8" red heads in all four corners.  You would have to call a good safe cracker.    One of them is over a 150 years old and was the the 1st safe installed in "the river city bank"   In old sacramento.( don't ask, its a long story)
Sounds like they better just take the concrete with them.

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 04:17:24 PM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 06:25:39 AM »
Not a problem, we have plenty of room....my wife will need her tactical hair dryer though!    :D

Now that's funny, right there!!!   ;D

Me? they'd find me standing in front of my safe going - "Do I grab this rifle or that one? Which shotgun? Do I want the .22 along? ? ? And do I grab this pistol, that one or the new one not yet acquired? And where did I put those mags?   8)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Badgersmilk

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 06:45:17 AM »
Black guns "assault rifles" as Joe Shmoe will call them all.  Put a first impression image of the person carrying them in anybodys head.  I bought my AK to hunt wild hog when I lived down south, but nobody who see's it with a 30 round mag hanging out of it is thinking "Oh, he's a hunter".  Plus as you point out Fuz, all the .300 win. mag., 30/06, .308, .223, 7.62x39 is the first stuff that gets cleaned off shelves anytime people panic.  Used gun racks here are filthy with 30-30 lever actions, all forms of shot guns, and more ammo than you could haul away for them both.  Forget handgun ammo its gone before the rifle stuff.

Wont be my choice, but there's certainly something to be said for the "less threatening guns".

I'm surprised you guys arent seeing it yet in your area's.  Shops around SE Michigan are all full again with ALL ammo types.  Prices are even dropping!!! ;D  Gun prices and availability havent changed much.  I honestly havent found a new gun made well enough to make me want to buy it in two years! :(  The last gun I found that wasnt made like a blind woodsman hacked it out of scrap iron with his axe was a Ruger 44 carbine made in the 70's (still in its factory box!).  She now has a front row seat in my safe! ;D.

atmiller

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2009, 07:02:45 AM »
phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47QlGq3zQ4

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »
Sounds like they better just take the concrete with them.

A good safe cracker could drill them and open them in about 20 mins each.  15 mins of that would be drilling.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Badgersmilk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk