Author Topic: Museum Ships Weekend  (Read 14966 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Museum Ships Weekend
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2016, 09:29:16 AM »
I'm a bit bummed..... after all this time getting amped up to try and listen in online, I had totally forgot that  my wife had made reservations for us to be out of town camping at Ft. Clinch SP in NE Florida all last week...with no wifi or internet access.

So, I missed out   :(  ....but on the plus side, I got to see the grand-kids have fun at the beach.  :)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2016, 07:13:17 PM »
Well lit wasn't a bad plan B you had.

The conditions were not great.  I managed to make contact with 30 ships.  We didn't have good F2 skip it was more like sporatic E.  Contacts mostly on 20 meters but I made a few on 40 meters.

I did manage to talk with the people at the HL Hunley in Charleston.  I thought that was cool.

However, the highlight was to finally talk to someone on the USS Missouri using the ship's original discone antenna and wiring.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Edgar

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 03:27:18 AM »
Thank you. this can be not one I actually have used before. appears like fun.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2018, 09:34:46 PM »
OK some of you dodging Ham Operators our there.  Now you got PLENTY OF TIME to get ready for Museum Ships Weekend 2018.  5-1/2 months in fact.

1st Weekend in June.  I know a some of you wanted to participate but...did not have an antenna...did not get the license yet....was going to listen on shortwave but...and so on, and so on.

5-1/2 months from now.  Get ready.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk