Author Topic: FWIW, Dick Morris on Huckabee  (Read 18015 times)

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FWIW, Dick Morris on Huckabee
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 02:36:18 PM »
Why Huckabee is not qualified to be prez because of his religious views:

I have lived my entire life in the bible belt as a lone island surrounded by a sea of Fundamentalist Southern Baptists (poetic exageration there). If SB would go to church on Sunday and keep their religious beliefs to themselves I wouldn't have a problem with Hucksters faith. But Activist Fundamentalist SB want to impose their world view upon the country at large and I have a very big problem with that.

1) Hucksters non belief in evolution is typical of FSB denial of science. Evolution is one of the most supported theories in science but FSB like to pretend that is not so and that the earth and life were created literally in six days. FSB are not content with teaching this among themselves but actively lobby for creationism/ID to be taught in schools as an "alternative theory". Huckster, as prez, would be in a position by making appointments, to create havoc in science funding in this country and to push for creationism/ID in public schools.

2) I have never met a FSB who didn't support "school prayer". Again, this amounts to imposing their religion upon the whole of society.

3) Polls consistently indicate that some 2/3 of the public do not want abortion made illegal. FSB not only want abortion made illegal but they use the term "murder" to describe abortion. FSB again want to impose their religious worldview upon a majority. About the only thing Clinton got right was "abortion should be safe, legal, and rare".

4) Huckster WOULD be made to look an ignorant backwoods boob with his evoulution denial. Fundamentalists stopped voting Democrat with Reagan so the Dems would have no reason not to hit Huckster on this issue. Read about how foolish Bryan was made to look when questioned by Darrow at the "Scopes Monkey Trial".

5) FSB try to censor media like movies, TV, etc in the name of decency and family values. There they are again trying to impose their worldview upon society at large.

6) Marshall'ette and other women forum members should do some searching on the net about how FSB view the role of women in society. You probably won't like what you find.

I have been called a religious bigot. My only problem with religion is when its faithful try to impose their world view upon me. If that makes me a bigot then I guess I plead guilty.

FSB are themselves intolerant of other religions. I have seen some of their anti mormon literature. Catholics, because they aren't born again, are doomed to hell. In short, if you ain't SB you ain't gonna make into valhalla.

For those who do not know any Activist Fundamentalists religious types you really should do some net searching.
Are you saiying that anyone that beleives in the bible or God is not qualified to be the president? Did you ever hear the term IN GOD WE TRUST?
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 06:49:12 PM »
Ismram, I think you've hit it on the head.  I believe the poster you referred to believes just that.  Intolerance of opinion even within the gun culture....my thoughts on what you cut and posted below because if we can't keep it on the 2nd Ammendment and are going to put peoples beliefs down, I've just got to respond.  I'm not supporting any single candidate but lean towards Fred, Huckabee and on the Dem side Richardson (of whom we have a common acquaintance that acknowledges Richardson attended the classes and has a CCW.....by the way).

1.  I don't deny science, but, believe it or not evolution is not proven by "the scientific method".  Forget the conspicuous lack of direct proof, evolution fails the observation and repeatabilty test....much less peer review.  This cannot be refuted; adaptation is science beyond theory, evolution is not science as it has not been proven...evolution is a theory (a belief, unproven, makes it a...religion?).  One more time...evolution is not fact.  Evolution is an unproven theory.  Period.

2.  Hype and fearmongering learned and repeated from the left (those most likely to oppose the 2nd Ammendment).  A red herring to silence people who want to enjoy liberty in their own way.  This point may be linking someone who wants school prayer on one hand with a "radical Imam-type" on the other hand who would squash people's rights.  I've heard of people wanting public school prayer allowed, never instituting a prayer for everyone.

3.  So what?  Nazi Germany supported Hitler...that did not make it right, it just showed they had a period where they collectively lost their rabbit-assed minds. 

4.  No doubt they would try to paint Huckabee into a foolish position, the question will be how he addresses it.  Bryan was foolish???? you are kidding, aren't you....I think the trial needs be retried as the bone in question actually came from a pig (a commonly overlooked point).

5.  No censorship is good, eh?  I know you wouldn't purport (I hope) showing XXX movies to Kindergarten kids, so what level of censorship is OK.....?????...in your opinion, of course.  And, of course, your opionion is where the debate stops.....we all need to be quiet and do what you say....????

6.  More alarmism.  My mother was a teacher, my wife is an RN, my mother-in-law a manager at an insurance company, I've a female cousin who is a judge, another who controls the state pardon board, etc., etc.  I guess we are to expect laws enslaving women similar to the Middle East...funny that early in this country's history when Christian fundamentalist types of beliefs were more the norm we didn't have mass floggings of mothers and daughters. 

Having the freedom to believe and believing a specific way is not intolerance, ridicule and imposing boundaries on people may be intolerance.  I don't mind so much someone telling me I'm going to Hell for something, it's the sticks and stones thing you know, but I'm "scared as hell" (well not scared, just pissed) when someone tells me those Christian-like types who talk to me are dangerous with an underlying inference that something needs to be done about them. 

My favorite candidate was Tancredo...but he's out and on Romney's side.  So...I'm hanging in for Fred or Huck (bad immigration views on Huck's part) on the Repubs side and the dark (really dark) horse Richardson with the Dems.  I think any of these will be friends to the 2nd Ammendment.  But, no manner of support from people will make one of these guys President...they will have to perform to get the opportunity.  So we have to wait to see how bad they want it and how skillful they are so we can make the best of the choices that are presented to us.

By the way, have a Merry CHRISTmas.  (This has been the overwhelming norm since the country's inception, but then again maybe not, but then yes so, but then no, no way did they say that, ever, but there is another point of view which says yes sometimes and no at other times, but it's ignorant, it's political, it's intolerant, it's whatever......point being made know where we've come from as a nation before speaking so you can know if what you've been fed is sour or not).

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 07:30:02 AM »
Well said RASTUS!
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

bgarrison

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 09:37:45 AM »
Hi Gang... Merry Christmas!

I can see by reading this thread that the MSM has gotten to most of you. I can also see that you have not seen this:

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/Speeches.aspx?ID=46

Read it all...please, you will be doing yourself a favor when deciding.

...or this:
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Issues.View&Issue_id=26

You definitely have not seen this:
http://hucksarmy.com/video.php?video=huckabee_second_amendment_new_hamps

I like Fred but his days are numbered... To not vote for a republican would be disastrous. Mitt Romney is, well quite frankly scary.

...and the DEM's do want our guns!

Who am I?
A veteran, a gun owner and second amendment defender, a professional and an American...

What have we been saying of the last  "ump-teen" years about our quality of candidates? ...and what we need to do is flush DC down the toilet and start over! ... I know as gun owners/operators you have said these things at ranges across the US when ever politics comes up. I feel the same way.

So watch the videos, with an open mind... and maybe, just maybee you will do as I did 3 weeks ago and research for myself to decide on our next president. If you let CNN, MSNBC, FOX or any of the other MSM outlets research for you... trust me my friends you will be voting for THEIR choice.. not yours!

And if your too lazy or close minded to watch and read the stuff above...

Then at least watch this ,his answer to the evolution question is priceless.. and I am NOT a religious person!

http://hucksarmy.com/video.php?video=best_of_mike_huckabee

At least you can say I am full of Sh*t.. at most you can say Hmmm... I need to look at this guy!

Cheers my friends
Ltc Bert Garrison
Nova, Oh

Want to know if I am for real? ... Google my name!

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »
Being a single guy I'm not likely to get pregnant ,so a candidates stand on abortion is irrelevent to me. on guns security and immigration, Thompson or Huckabee look OK. Although, Fred says he would "Enforce existing law". I would like to see some (all) of themm go away. and be replaced by ENFORCED enhanced penalties for murder, rape, robbery etc which are already illegal, no matter what tool is used. The biggest problem is Judges who give confessed murderers probation instead of 20 to life, Check out Cam and Co. on NRA news, 154 probation for murder in the Dallas area alone. The guy in Philly who shot the policeman and jumped in the river had already done a term in prison for shooting a 6 year old girl, He served 9 years. thats crap.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:39:51 AM »

P. Plainsman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 01:28:29 AM »
This is a good issue for us to be discussing.  There are some very valid reasons to question supporting Gov. Huckabee -- immigration, big government spending, perhaps difficulty in prevailing in the general election.  My #1 choice for president is Fred Thompson, and I've put my money where my mouth is, donating to Fred's campaign.

But Huckabee is solid as a rock on guns and RKBA.  Every speech I've read from him on the issue is just great.  He gets it.  He always goes out of his way to stress that 2A is not about hunting, it's about deterring government tyranny. 

On the Hugh Hewitt show a few months back, Huckabee even threw in a good word for NFA ownership!  Said he had friends who owned MGs -- "they've gone through the legal process" -- and indicated that he didn't think there was anything wrong with law-abiding Americans owning full auto weapons.  That's gold, man.

Compare with Romney, who, even in the middle of the GOP primary, says loud and clear that he supports a renewal of the federal AWB and will sign it.  He is not our friend.  If he's the nominee I vote third party.

tombogan03884

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »
We have had ALL the major Demoncrat candidates visit the local resturaunt, No candidate who has visited there in the last 30 years has been elected, so far the only republican to visit is Romney. Hope the "curse " holds !

camacho

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »
But Huckabee is solid as a rock on guns and RKBA.  Every speech I've read from him on the issue is just great.  He gets it.  He always goes out of his way to stress that 2A is not about hunting, it's about deterring government tyranny.

Amen! This is from his campaign tour today in N.H.:

If a political candidate talks about his support for gun rights, “ask him when was the last time he used a firearm and would he know how to clean it if somebody handed it to him,” Mr. Huckabee urged, recalling Mr. Romney’s misstatement earlier in the campaign that he had been a lifelong hunter. If he dissembles, “beware,” Mr. Huckabee warned.

Playing to his rural audience, Mr. Huckabee said he was not only an experienced hunter but also supported gun rights for an even more sweeping reason, as a protection of property rights and other freedoms. “If we lose our second amendment rights then we stand in danger of losing our first amendment rights,” he said. “The second amendment is not about hunting.”

Full story here: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/07/huckabee-attacks-romneys-record/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk