Author Topic: How do you like him now, sugar pie??  (Read 3754 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How do you like him now, sugar pie??
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »
Told ya...
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/02/28/trump-blasts-senators-for-being-petrified-of-the-nra-endorses-civil-asset-forfeiture-for-guns
(Go to the story to get it from the horses arss..)

Continuing his aggressive push for gun control in the wake of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting, President Donald Trump seemed to propose a measure that would allow local law enforcement to confiscate guns from citizens in the absence of a criminal conviction, flatly ruled out any legislation that included nationwide concealed carry, and blasted senators who opposed his proposals for being “petrified of the NRA.”
What happened?

In a stunning meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers, Trump declared that he had told key NRA members (including Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox) during a Sunday lunch that “we’ve got to stop this nonsense.”

Trump openly confronted the NRA and Republican politicians throughout the meeting, including during a discussion of his proposal to increase the minimum legal age to purchase certain rifles like the AR-15.

Trump acknowledged that the NRA was opposed to the proposal, then turned to Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.), who has co-sponsored gun legislation that is pending before the Senate, and asked Toomey whether his bill addressed the age limit. When Toomey responded, “We didn’t address it, Mr. President,” Trump responded, “You know why, because you’re afraid of the NRA, right?”

On another occasion, responding to skepticism from Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) about whether any gun control legislation could make it through the Senate due to the influence of the NRA, Trump said, “They [the NRA] do have great power, I agree with that. They have great power over you people. They have less power over me. I don’t need it. What do I need? … Some of you people are petrified of the NRA. You can’t be petrified.”

In response to a question from Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), who was injured in a shooting at a practice for the congressional baseball game last year, Trump stated that, although he might like to see nationwide concealed carry legislation passed, he opposed its inclusion in any current gun control bill, because “if you add conceal carry to this, you’ll never get it passed.” He later added that “Amy and Dianne”  — presumably, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) — would be opposed to such a measure.

Perhaps most alarming to gun control advocates, Trump appeared to endorse a program similar to civil asset forfeiture, wherein law enforcement would be able to confiscate guns from citizens on something like a “reasonable basis” standard, and then force citizens to go to court to prove that they should be legally entitled to get their guns back.

WATCH: President Trump: "I like taking the guns early … Take the guns first, go through due process second." pic.twitter.com/aydEZdAGq0

— NBC News (@NBCNews) February 28, 2018

Vice President Mike Pence was discussing giving local law enforcement additional tools to confiscate guns from threats like alleged Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz. Pence emphasized that such a program should “allow due process, so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order, and then collect not only firearms but any weapons in the possession of that individual.”

At this point, Trump interrupted and said, “Or Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system. Because a lot of times by the time you go to court to get the due process procedures… I like taking the guns early. Like in this crazy man’s case that just took place down in Florida…. to go to court would have taken a long time. So you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.”

He also promised during the meeting that he would outlaw bump stocks “quickly,” although there are open questions about whether he has the authority to do so via executive order.

It is not immediately clear when or if the Toomey bill, which is cosponsored by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), will reach the Senate floor for debate.
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
Re: How do you like him now, sugar pie??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »
I never liked him or trusted him.   But what would you suggest?  Hillary?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 11:53:58 AM »
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Exactly.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 12:56:10 PM »
I tend to be a "One Issue" voter....and that is support of the 2A.  I figure that if we are a well armed populace, we can "fix" other problems if it comes to that.

If there are no outstanding 2A candidates, I'll pick the one that best matches my other issues.

We are currently feeling doubtful about Trumps 2A stance and support...does not look ideal or very promising at all...but nothing has been finalized yet.

However, he is beating the crap out of any recent candidate on many other issues of importance to me, and I believe, to our country and our citizens.

Trump tends to say the first thought that pops into his head....not really bad because there is no premeditated deception, but only bad if he is too blocked headed to take back a faulty opinion.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:14:47 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »
I heard a report that Chris Cox and some others from NRA visited the Donald last night and came out saying he is against gun control. Honestly the way he operates, I think he just says stupid shit to get everyone all worked up. I think he likes it when everyone around him is guessing...it keeps them off balance.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 09:18:33 AM »
I copied and pasted a comment from another website that sums it up better than I did with actual tactical language:
"Trump may be exercising an excellent strategy here:

(1) Trump offers a good chunk of what Democrats CLAIM to want — KNOWING that Democrats will refuse anyway because they actually want much more, they must oppose Trump on “principle”, and/or because Democrats do not want to help Trump look good with a victory.
(2) There are no new gun owner control laws and his base that supports our right to keep and bear arms stays happy.
(3) Some Democrats and people in the middle who wanted some gun owner control laws support Trump for offering what they wanted.

In other words Trump is playing Democrats like a banjo at an Ozark hoedown! We shall see."

www.bluebone.net

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 11:05:39 AM »
I copied and pasted a comment from another website that sums it up better than I did with actual tactical language:
"Trump may be exercising an excellent strategy here:

(1) Trump offers a good chunk of what Democrats CLAIM to want — KNOWING that Democrats will refuse anyway because they actually want much more, they must oppose Trump on “principle”, and/or because Democrats do not want to help Trump look good with a victory.
(2) There are no new gun owner control laws and his base that supports our right to keep and bear arms stays happy.
(3) Some Democrats and people in the middle who wanted some gun owner control laws support Trump for offering what they wanted.

In other words Trump is playing Democrats like a banjo at an Ozark hoedown! We shall see."

That could be very true Jay.  Trump is not a strategist for sure. 

My thoughts along this line were more limited....I was thinking how the MSM couldn't decide if they should sh*t or go blind...  Do they condemn Trump for suggestion a gun control measure, as they do with everything else he does, or say it's a good idea. 

And, it does look like he managed a similar maneuver with DACA.  HIS proposals seem to favor DACA and the Dems are put in a position where they cannot support him.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:21:58 AM »
The guy isn't dumb.

www.bluebone.net

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 07:43:52 PM »
The guy isn't dumb.

Gee, that's not what I hear from MSLSD, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc.?  He's really dumb according to them.  They are pointing out "the obvious" as he stacks federal judges with conservatives, removes Obummer executive orders, and other things.  He is so dumb he is accomplishing this with a hostile Republican party that gave a a shitsandwich budget...and now it's being reported that he may have accepted that budget knowing he can refuse to spend a lot of the money...

I supported Cruz along the way...when Trump was the man he was the only choice.  Cruz showed his butt by being petty which is a good reason to not vote for him next time.  It's an imperfect world...next.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk