Author Topic: My mother.  (Read 7603 times)

Timothy

Re: My mother.
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2020, 04:22:43 PM »
Medical has went sky high.
In 2003 my 30 days in ICU and a couple weeks on the ortho floor along with over a dozen surgeries mixed in pushed close to 300k.

Best wishes and prayers for her continued healing.

Needless to say but been there myself...  Nearly $750k

My best to yer momma’s healing, TAB!

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2020, 07:16:20 PM »
Health insurance GOOD.
My 1st Heart attack was 65,000 and I paid $100 for the ambulance ride between hospitals.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2020, 01:38:59 AM »
Health care costs are a joke, there is no reason for them to be this high. 

Whats wrong is you can take every thing some  one will earn in a life time, in a matter of 1 months time.  I know what she is getting in retirement. If 100% of that went to pay the bill it would be more than 50 years to pay it off.

Hell my knee last year was over 100k.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2020, 09:31:18 AM »
It's in regulation and consolidation.
Just like with education or capitalism.
Every time the do gooders meddle prices go up and quality goes down.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2020, 06:43:28 AM »
It's in regulation and consolidation.
Just like with education or capitalism.
Every time the do gooders meddle prices go up and quality goes down.

Exactly. 

25 years ago when the boys were sick we learned some tricks.  We brought our own diapers, Tylenol, etc.  It messed with my credit because the hospital tried to charge for it ($10 for a single Tylenol) and I would not pay for it.  We actually told the nurses not to write that stuff down because we'd be charged...they did it anyway.  Administration......
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:57:12 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 01:59:28 PM »
Exactly. 

25 years ago when the boys were sick we learned some tricks.  We brought our own diapers, Tylenol, etc.  It messed with my credit because the hospital tried to charge for it ($10 for a single Tylenol) and I would not pay for it.  We actually told the nurses not to write that stuff down because we'd be charged...they did it anyway.  Administration......

Now they scan everything with a bar code scanner and it adds it to your bill. If they screw up something like a syringe or IV bag, they toss it and scan another one and you pay for both....even though they screwed it up.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 04:39:01 PM »
Now they scan everything with a bar code scanner and it adds it to your bill. If they screw up something like a syringe or IV bag, they toss it and scan another one and you pay for both....even though they screwed it up.

The scaning thing has made huge improvments  is preventing mistakes.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 01:58:29 PM »
She made it too the skilled nursing facility last night.  She will be there  any where from 2 weeks to 2 months.  It all depends on her pt. 

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2020, 03:24:50 PM »
Hey peg, sent you a pm

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2020, 01:20:04 PM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk