Author Topic: My mother.  (Read 7312 times)

tombogan03884

Re: My mother.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 01:56:10 PM »
Best wishes.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 10:07:49 AM »
Sorry, TAB, just catching up to this thread, lots going on here unfortunately.

Prayers for your Mom and grandmother, hope the surgery went well and they were able to stop the infection. Please continue to keep us posted.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 10:19:04 AM »
Saw her this morning post  amputation.  She is still in lots of pain as she is allergic  to opioids.   She is also allergic  to most antibiotics, which makes fighting infection a challenge.  Did not get much sleep last night. Sucks that she is lucid enough to know its gone, but not lucid enough to be able to make the decision to amputate. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 02:51:01 PM »
I just saw this myself .... (catching up from being out of town for ten days and then coming home to a computer with a bad power supply).

TAB I hate to hear the news.
Having someone else make the choice to take an appendage (like via accident) is tough....having to make the decision ones-self  is tougher. Once the infection is taken care of and true healing begins, there are some decent meds to help with pain, especially phantom pains. I take gabapentin (generic neurontin) and it generally keeps the phantoms at bay.

Feel free to message me with questions.

My prayers go out for y'all.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 11:03:43 AM »
I've been a way for the month.  I'm sorry to hear this.  What a trial for her.

I'll be praying for you all.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:39:23 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 03:33:02 PM »
Thanks peg, they are taking a bit more today.  Hoepful closing her wed or thursday.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 06:02:26 PM »
Do you know if they plan to use a wound-vac?
I was the first person our local hospital ever used it on back in 2003. It's a great device. I credit my doctor's decision to use it with saving the major portion of my leg. It certainly kept them from going above my knee and kept infection from setting in because I had what they termed as a dirty wound from a compound fracture of the femur.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 07:07:20 PM »
Do you know if they plan to use a wound-vac?
I was the first person our local hospital ever used it on back in 2003. It's a great device. I credit my doctor's decision to use it with saving the major portion of my leg. It certainly kept them from going above my knee and kept infection from setting in because I had what they termed as a dirty wound from a compound fracture of the femur.
  yes, she has already  had several of them.  She does not have one now as she has been bleeding alot and it increases blood loss.  They will put one on in a day or so.  Still pus coming out of the bone.  They took off about another 4 inchs of leg. ( 10 cm  which is jusy over 4 inches)  next step is above the knee if this does not stop the infection.  This is surgry # 11 so far.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 03:37:25 PM »
They were finally able to close up the keg last night.  Got a call from the vascular  surgeon  about 9:30.  She kept getting  bumped by emergencies.  They are looking to transfer her to a skilled facility  end of next week.   Where she will be for the next 2 months or so.   She will have spent ~40 days in the hospital and about 30 in icu.  The statements i have seen for the bill, that is only for her 1st 20 days and do not include the surgeries is close to 600k. I am sure it will be well north of a mill by the time she is out and i am guessing close to 2 by the time she gets hone... her out of pocket $0!   I am flying home tomorrow night.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2020, 03:53:11 PM »
Medical has went sky high.
In 2003 my 30 days in ICU and a couple weeks on the ortho floor along with over a dozen surgeries mixed in pushed close to 300k.

Best wishes and prayers for her continued healing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk