Author Topic: Striped lower "worth" question.  (Read 9043 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Striped lower "worth" question.
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
Good point Timothy. A lot of us just assume Mass is the EVIL EMPIRE without checking. My bad. There is no argument, at least on my part. I was merely sugesting that opening a review of individual transfers ight now, before Heller is solidified, might not be the best idea. Nothing more.
FQ13

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »
While I don't want to get into this discussion, don't condemn all of the law in Massachusetts unless you understand them. 

I can legally transfer up to four firearms annually to a private citizen, including the AR lowers.  I can buy as many handguns, rifles and shotguns every day of the year as long as they're on the list, there are no restrictions on quantity or any waiting period.  No, I can't buy ammunition through mail order but I can buy as much as I want from CT, NH, RI, ME, and any other state that surrounds me with the possible exception of NY.  Considering I can be in all of those states in about an hour, it's not so bad. 

I was able to drive through CT with my long guns and just fill out a registration form to notify the state within seven days.  The laws here are different, some might think they are pretty restrictive.  I've heard of worse places with waiting periods and from a conversation with my buddy in MI last night, I find it's easier to get a CCW in MA than it is in MI these days.

No it ain't TX or FL but it's far better than CA and NJ, NY, PA, and any number of states that don't allow CCW at all.

Now, back to your argument fellas, by the way.....I could buy those lowers from TAB through an FFL, even in MA.  It's not the lower that they have a problem with here, it's the evil suppressor, the evil collapsable stock and the evil bayonet mount...everything else is kosher.........

I thought PA was a shall issue (other than fascist Philly, who breaks the law all the time).
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »
I thought PA was a shall issue (other than fascist Philly, who breaks the law all the time).

They may be Haz, I've only checked their laws on non-resident permits because I have to drive through the state or NY to get out of the state.  I avoid NJ like the plague...no offence Jaybet! ;)

Update:  Take PA off the list, they're pretty good about issuing with the illegal exception of Philly as Haz mentioned.  My NH permit gets me through PA all the way to the OH border.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 07:32:45 PM »
Yeah, as far as gun laws go, we ain't so bad. ;)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
..............Now, back to your argument fellas, by the way.....I could buy those lowers from TAB through an FFL, even in MA.  It's not the lower that they have a problem with here, it's the evil supressor, the evil collapsable stock and the evil bayonet mount...everything else is kosher.........

Timothy, buddy.....we need to get you out of those oppressive laws.  Especially the one dealing with evil supressors.  Do you have family or a great love of the area that keeps you over yonder....you sound like our kind of people over this-a-way.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:06:02 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »
Timothy, buddy.....we need to get you out of those oppressive laws.  Especially the one dealing with evil supressors.  Do you have family or a great love of the area that keeps you over yonder....you sound like our kind of people over this-a-way.

I married a local girl and we have a beautiful young daughter.  Neither are going to leave New England anytime soon.  I've lived in New England for 27 years and when people ask me where I'm from, I STILL say Michigan!

About 25 years ago, I said "For Better or Worse" and I meant it!  Maybe someday I'll get back to God's country, or what's left of it!

mmszbi

• Forum Member
  • No such thing as a safe queen.
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »
Thsi weekend I found S&W M&P lowers for sale at Gander mountain in Denver for $125.00. I paid $138 for a Rock River 6 months ago.
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject...which are YOU?

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 09:40:37 PM »
Thsi weekend I found S&W M&P lowers for sale at Gander mountain in Denver for $125.00. I paid $138 for a Rock River 6 months ago.

That's a nice price. It's what I was paying last year for them.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 12:47:47 AM »
"you're right (not about the dumbass thing)."

That would probably qualify as "a matter of opinion" and they vary.

"A lot of us just assume Mass is the EVIL EMPIRE without checking."

that usually IS a safe assumption. Just because they are not as bad as Ca and NY, doesn't mean they aren't trying, or that their regulations don't generally suck.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 07:11:20 AM »

That is what I'm finding around this area, which is more than they are really worth. There was a big markup on them right after the election. The big fallacy with them is a lot of people were "stocking up" on them because it is really the only part on a AR-15 that requires a 4473 form to be filled out. All the rest, including complete uppers can be bought over the counter or by mail order. So in theory if a person buys 20 stripped lowers now, after they get banned they could assemble 20, AR-15's and have 20 complete rifles at a much lower cost, and at the same time defeat the new ban. The only flaw in that thinking is everyone was thinking and doing it . As they say, run with the sheep and you will be slaughtered. That would be simply too easy for Hussein to legislate around, should he decide to go whole hog with another ban. You very well could wind up at the recycling center with a few pounds of expensive Aluminum scrap.  Bill T.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=130351708

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk