Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 772024 times)

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #580 on: June 27, 2008, 09:30:28 PM »
good one! but it ruins some great sarcasm with that thinkin' type stuff.

He's right though!
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #581 on: June 30, 2008, 01:02:46 PM »
I found this site and joined in last few days.  Glad I did, like the forums and input.  I am a retired Federal employee.  Served four years on active duty with Marines and six years, in which one and a half on active duty (recruiter), with Marine Reserves.  Three years were spent with the infantry and with a Marine Recon company with the Reserves.  I also spent six years as a Federal Officer and 18 years in national defense. 

I shoot mainly rifles now, hunting type and AR.  I just converted my AR from long, heavy barrel to short, tactical rifle.  I have had the good fortune to use the M1 Garand, M14 and M16 while with the Marines.  Not sure which I like the most. 

I have also competed in Police Combat, in local, state and national matches.  Having grown up with mainly revolvers, prefer them to semi's except for 1911.  I prefer the .357 and .45ACP for combat and defense.  But still curious and open to other calibers.

As a Federal Officer, served as a Firearms Instructor for incoming new Officers and for recurring training.  Primarily a rifle instructors but loved to shoot and instruct on S&W Model 19 with 2 1/2" barrel (our carry pistol). 

Still reload and shoot but mainly for hunting rifles.

I am also into horses and roasting my own coffee.
DesertMarine

Taminar

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #582 on: June 30, 2008, 10:24:31 PM »
Thanks for the advice and the kind welcome. I wish we had a gun range here in town (or the gas prices could go down, that would work, too).  The closest one that you don't have to pay an annual membership fee is about an hour away. Before I buy anything, I'll definitely make a date to try out a few that I like and see what they're like.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: July 01, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »
WELCOME to all the new members.
 If anyone of you have any problems with these old wild rebel rowsers  in here.. you just let me know..
I'll take them out behind the wood shed and ......................................... :-\ hmmmm.
 now THAT isn't sounding the way I want it to...
 Let me rephrase that...

If anyone needs anything ..I will most happy to do what I can to ........................... :-\ sighhhhhhhhh
That isn't coming out right either...................

Just forget it. >:(

Everyone have a great time in here and take care of yourself.  ;D
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: July 07, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »
WELCOME to all the new members.
 If anyone of you have any problems with these old wild rebel rowsers  in here.. you just let me know..
I'll take them out behind the wood shed and ......................................... :-\ hmmmm.
 now THAT isn't sounding the way I want it to...
 Let me rephrase that...

If anyone needs anything ..I will most happy to do what I can to ........................... :-\ sighhhhhhhhh
That isn't coming out right either...................

Just forget it. >:(

Everyone have a great time in here and take care of yourself.  ;D

Libetarian Ideal at its best ;D
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Sponsor

« Reply #585 on: Today at 09:19:10 PM »

Edmond

• Active Forum Member
    • Caracal pistol
  • Liked:
« Reply #585 on: July 09, 2008, 02:52:00 AM »
Hi from Frogland, Y'all!

tman

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #586 on: July 09, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »
Welcome Edmond, to the greatest gun forum

Syracuse

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #587 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
 Hello to all,
The Outdoor Channel just was added to my cable subscription, I just saw the first report from Knob Creek.  It's the first television that made me grin in a long, long time and the segment on flamethrowers made me LOL.  Great job Michael.

Gossamer

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #588 on: July 14, 2008, 09:43:42 PM »
Evening ladies and gentlemen. I just signed up and enjoy the forum so far. I am just a grumpy young ret. joe that likes to shoot and do a little bit of hunting. I saw the show a while back about snubbies w/Mr. Rauch and I liked it. So I finally got off my duff and signed up. Take care all.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #589 on: July 14, 2008, 10:58:47 PM »
Welcome Goss
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk