Author Topic: If You Can Hit Your Target, Your An Expert Marksman, According To UK Paper.  (Read 2347 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Professional shooter no less.  ???  As we all know "gangbangers in Hollywood, can't shoot".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334765/Coroners-report-confirms-Ronni-Chasen-died-gunshot-injuries-consistent-professional-hit.html

Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen was shot dead by an expert marksman, it was revealed today.

An initial coroner's report showed the movie industry stalwart's injuries were consistent with a professional 'hit'.

Miss Chasen, 64, was shot five times in the chest in the early hours of November 16th in Beverly Hills, shortly after leaving the premiere of Burlesque.

The coroner said the nature of the famed publicist's injuries were consistent with being targeted by a professional gunman.

The report said:'There were three apparent gunshot wounds to the right side breast/chest area. There were two apparent gunshot wounds to the right shoulder.

'There was an apparent gunshot wound to the right upper back and the left upper back.

'One bullet was recovered from her back while at the hospital and is possibly a 9mm hollow point.'

Detectives confirmed they are looking for a skilled marksman as part of their murder probe.

They believe the gunman fired from a SUV or truck that pulled up alongside Miss Chasen's BMW as she stopped on Sunset Boulevard.

The report added: 'After being struck by gunfire, she then made a left turn and drove for approximately a quarter mile before she crashed her car into a pole.'

Seems hardly professional, more at link, with some pencil pushing investigator that has to "qualify quarterly".... :-\

She never would have drove "another" quarter mile, if it was a "pro"...

The UK media,.......sheesh,... :(
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Real pros use 22s and put several quick shots in the head.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Actually pencil pushers only have to qualify once every six months, and I was out shooting those guys when I was twelve.  So that only narrows down there search to near every human in the country.  And how do you possibly have a hollow point, you figure you'd know or not.  If sensationalizing stories got stuff done this case would be solved by now, maybe those slowpokes should just stop the interviews and get back to work.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Its the UK. Most people have never seen, much less shot, a gun. >:( Hell, the reporters wil believe anything, through no fault of their own.  The upside? We're all "expert marksmen", at least by British standards. ;D
FQ13

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
How could this have possibly happened in gun-free UK?

As FQ says, most have fired a real gun, so to them, just figuring how to fire one would make them a Marksman.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
My favorite quote:
"Former LA detective Gill Carillo told ABC News: 'Normally they turn the gun sideways and this is something that was done with some skill.
'I carried a gun for 38 years and had to fire it quarterly. I don't think I could shoot and hit that mass like that.'"

Willing to bet that is where the "professional hit" came from.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
My favorite quote:
"Former LA detective Gill Carillo told ABC News: 'Normally they turn the gun sideways and this is something that was done with some skill.
'I carried a gun for 38 years and had to fire it quarterly. I don't think I could shoot and hit that mass like that.'"

He admitted this out loud? I guess this is where the "former" part comes into play. I "had to shoot it quarterly"? I'm sorry, but if you're a cop anywhere but Mayberry and not on the range at least once a week you deserve whatever happens to you. Its like starting the day with some pushups, running a few miles a week and and lifting some weights once or twice a week. It should be part of the job. Not expecting Olympic fitness or anything, just understanding that you have a physical job with no room for error. Yeesh!
FQ13

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
My favorite quote:

Nah its all to do with the amount of ammo he/she could afford to use. LOL
Who else would waste ammo like that and leave more evidence than was necessary?  :P

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

tombogan03884

One of two things, maybe some of both.
Either media stupidity and hype, or there is more to the story.
For example, catching the victim at a stop light like that is one method used in many professional hits in other country's.
Columbia for example was famous for 2 guys on a motor cycle, front guy drives rear guy is shooter then they zip off in traffic where a car cannot follow.
From what I've been seeing in the paper this woman got whacked because some one was mad at her, or mistook her for some one else. If you get paid, and I doubt very much the shooter was the one mad at her, that makes you "professional".

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
One of two things, maybe some of both.
Either media stupidity and hype, or there is more to the story.
For example, catching the victim at a stop light like that is one method used in many professional hits in other country's.
Columbia for example was famous for 2 guys on a motor cycle, front guy drives rear guy is shooter then they zip off in traffic where a car cannot follow.
From what I've been seeing in the paper this woman got whacked because some one was mad at her, or mistook her for some one else. If you get paid, and I doubt very much the shooter was the one mad at her, that makes you "professional".

The other possibilities are that it was a gang initiation (off somebody.....ANYBODY to get into the gang).

Or it may have been a thrill killing.......another instance where the killing had nothing at all to do with the victim.  Wrong place, wrong time.

I agree, however, that it sounds more like a hit.

Oh yeah, TAB, the hits done with several rounds from a .22 were the trademark of mobsters (not to confused with gang-bangers).  They were done in that manner because they didn't want to attract attention.  The gang-bangers committing hits, on the other hand, simply don't give a shit.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk