Author Topic: When In Doubt, Pistol Whip The Bad Guy...Don't Pi** Off Dad...  (Read 4741 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
When In Doubt, Pistol Whip The Bad Guy...Don't Pi** Off Dad...
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-news/2011/11/07/mesa-police-homeowner-pistol-whips-burglary-suspect/

Mesa police: Homeowner pistol whips burglary suspect
by Alex Ferri on Nov. 07, 2011, under Arizona Republic News

A Mesa homeowner subdued a suspected burglar Thursday by hitting him with a handgun in self-defense, according to the Mesa Police Department.

The victim’s teenage daughter confronted the burglar shortly before midnight after she heard noise from an upstairs room in the family’s home near Val Vista and University drives.

Police said the commotion woke the girl’s father, who grabbed a handgun and told the burglar to get on the ground. The burglar complied at first but then rushed the homeowner, who struck the burglar in the face with the handgun.

The burglar had reportedly entered the house through an unlocked back door caused $500 in damage by kicking a wall and tearing stereo equipment from the wall.

Police arrested Scott Alan Nagy, 20, on suspicion of second degree burglary and criminal damage.

Nagy reportedly admitted being intoxicated, but police weren’t able to interview him because he was yelling incoherently and couldn’t complete sentences, police said.

He was transported to Arizona Regional Medical Center in Mesa for further evaluation.

Pistol whipping (properly) involves an all metal gun, the plastic fantastc is not mentioned.

::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: When In Doubt, Pistol Whip The Bad Guy...Don't Pi** Off Dad...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:14 PM »
TW spake thus: ;D
Pistol whipping (properly) involves an all metal gun, the plastic fantastc is not mentioned

For the record, if you pistol whip somebody you are not using the handgun correctly. That's pretty well covered in the Glock owner's maual. In fact it is referenced twice . First under bullets, (fire them), secondly under trigger pull, (a good idea when confronted with an intruder, repeat as often as necessary to obtain the desired result). ;D
FQ13 who will be writing a scathing letter to CS if I ever have to pistol whip anybody, if I wanted a club I'd have bought one. ;)

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:47:03 PM »
I've been looking for a place to say this.  I recently bought some 33 round mags for my Glocks.  After fully loading them, I noticed they would make a nice club.  They would make a pretty nice duel purpose tool.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 09:51:43 PM »
I've been looking for a place to say this.  I recently bought some 33 round mags for my Glocks.  After fully loading them, I noticed they would make a nice club.  They would make a pretty nice duel purpose tool.
Due respect, but if you haven't settled the matter one way or another 34 rounds into the gun fight, well.........we'll still say nice things about you, honest. ;)
FQ13

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »
Due respect, but if you haven't settled the matter one way or another 34 rounds into the gun fight, well.........we'll still say nice things about you, honest. ;)
FQ13

I said fully loaded; that implies that I haven't shot at all.  That spare 33 rounder gets used as the club, not the one in the gun.

Of course, clubbing would be very low on my list of uses for any functioning gun with at least one round still in it.

Sponsor

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »
I said fully loaded; that implies that I haven't shot at all.  That spare 33 rounder gets used as the club, not the one in the gun.

Of course, clubbing would be very low on my list of uses for any functioning gun with at least one round still in it.

Oh I don't know about that.
Some times you want to hurt them more than you want to kill them.
That's why I'm saving up for a Tazer, the gift that keeps on giving  ;D

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
Don't know about everyone else, I don't want to be on the recieving end of any of the above. ;D ;D ;D

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
Oh I don't know about that.
Some times you want to hurt them more than you want to kill them.
That's why I'm saving up for a Tazer, the gift that keeps on giving  ;D

I'm confident my pistol will function properly after a pistol whipping (there's enough metal on this "plastic fantastic" to get the job done), but I would rather use someting else to inflict the pain.  A tazer would work well.  Some type of club would work too, if you're looking for a little workout.

Don't know about everyone else, I don't want to be on the recieving end of any of the above. ;D ;D ;D

Agreed.

I'm glad it worked out well for everybody important in the article.  It could have turned out much differently and worse for the daughter or father for that matter.  It doesn't say how old she is as "teenage" covers a wide range of maturity levels, but it may be time to reass their emergency response plans.  Maybe some firearm training for her and better planning for waking the dad?  In fairness, the article isn't very detailed, and whatever they did worked.  So, they may have a functioning plan already.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »
  Some type of club would work too, if you're looking for a little workout.

I've wanted a sap since I saw Sean Connery used one in The Untouchables.  They have always been cool but seeing one used in action put it on my list, even if I have to make one.  Yes I know they are illegal in most places but it'll just look cool on the desk holding down some papers.
 ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 11:40:35 PM »
I've wanted a sap since I saw Sean Connery used one in The Untouchables.  They have always been cool but seeing one used in action put it on my list, even if I have to make one.  Yes I know they are illegal in most places but it'll just look cool on the desk holding down some papers.
 ;D

A sock half full of  sand, or a deep sea fishing sinker on a piece of twine, you can throw it and pull it back for another throw.
Either one can easily kill a person, but if you're careful you can hurt them badly, then when they get out of the hospital, and finish their rehab you can do it again.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk