Author Topic: When In Doubt, Pistol Whip The Bad Guy...Don't Pi** Off Dad...  (Read 4742 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
Re: When In Doubt, Pistol Whip The Bad Guy...Don't Pi** Off Dad...
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 04:59:35 AM »
First, it's about availability.   A sap or club or baseball bat are nice, but if you have a gun in your hand...well it's available.  It's handy.  And let's face it you're either being charitable not shooting a non-lethal opponent or desperate having run out of bullets.

I think revolvers make the perfect hand-to-hand weapon.  Not only are mostly all metal, they tend to be heavier for any given barrel length than other guns.   Besides, the longer barreled ones give you an excellent handle with which to swing it.

I think the guy in the article realized he was dealing with a drunk and probably used the necessary and proper force in dealing with the situation.   I think you have to guard though against downsizing your response beyond that which insures you win.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 05:15:26 AM »
Sweet God Alf, you have come up with the ultimate, Honey I had to buy it, excuse. Sorry, but I am ROFL to the point that coffee is coming out of my nose. Let me translate.
"I need a a very expensive (some would say over priced) revolver as it has sufficient weight to hit someone over the head, and that dear could save our lives"
"well yes dear, but before you buy another $1000 S@W revolver to "protect" us, don't you think that .41 mag is kind of a boutique round"?
"Not at all dear, and with the 6" barrel I can pistol whip any hooligan into submission(strutting around the room)".
"That's true dear, but for one third the price I can just shoot the asshole with my new kel-tec, no pistol whipping required, so why don't you just calm down and come back to  bed"? ;D ;D ;D
FQ13

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 06:31:59 AM »
Thank, FQ.   Glad I made your morning.  I knew the middle paragraph was tongue-in-cheek, but I didn't think it was that funny.

Actually, I've told Katherine that stainless steel is the next great investment opportunity in precious metals.    That backfired, because now she wants all new stainless cookware and appliances.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 07:34:28 AM »
Thank, FQ.   Glad I made your morning.  I knew the middle paragraph was tongue-in-cheek, but I didn't think it was that funny.

Actually, I've told Katherine that stainless steel is the next great investment opportunity in precious metals.    That backfired, because now she wants all new stainless cookware and appliances.

Say yes to the cookware (I recommend All Clad), but say no to to the appliances. You would think think stainless steal was maintenance free, but you would be wrong. It stains, streaks and shows grease more than a comparable enamel painted product (I know where of I speak). Do not buy the stainless, its like getting a black car. You better like washing the thing. ;)
FQ13

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 08:15:24 AM »

Sponsor

Timothy

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »
Say yes to the cookware (I recommend All Clad), but say no to to the appliances. You would think think stainless steal was maintenance free, but you would be wrong. It stains, streaks and shows grease more than a comparable enamel painted product (I know where of I speak). Do not buy the stainless, its like getting a black car. You better like washing the thing. ;)
FQ13

I concur and it's made here as well.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »

Lets rephrase that.
"1911 owner, its the best half assed club out there"!
Contrast it with this.
"Glock owner: Pistol whip, wait a minute, I still have two zombies to shoot. Ok, sorry, I'm back with you now, you were saying something about pistol whipping? I have 18 rounds, Why would I do that?" ;D
FQ13

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »
Just because thread drift rules...............

I had All Clad stainless steel pots and pans (made near here). They cost a fortune and at the time I thought they were nice.  They went away in the divorce and I had to get a new set.  I was not about to spend that much money again and ended up with a set of stainless from Better Home and Garden for a fraction of the cost. I like cooking with them much better than the All Clad. I think they distribute heat better than the All Clad. And The BHG seem to clean up much easier and do not seem as prone to all the staining the All Clad did. Just my observation.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 09:11:20 AM »
A sock half full of  sand, or a deep sea fishing sinker on a piece of twine, you can throw it and pull it back for another throw.
Either one can easily kill a person, but if you're careful you can hurt them badly, then when they get out of the hospital, and finish their rehab you can do it again.   ;D

LOL!  I like it.  Wonder if it works on managers?   ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:46 AM »
Of course, clubbing would be very low on my list of uses for any functioning gun with at least one round still in it.

Unless it's a Taurus.   ;D   ;D   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk