Author Topic: Lose your property for growing food?  (Read 9184 times)

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lose your property for growing food?
« on: March 17, 2009, 06:20:45 PM »

Some small farms and organic food growers could be placed under direct supervision of the federal government under new legislation making its way through Congress.

Food Safety Modernization Act

House Resolution 875, or the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, was introduced by Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn., in February. DeLauro's husband, Stanley Greenburg, works for Monsanto – the world's leading producer of herbicides and genetically engineered seed.

DeLauro's act has 39 co-sponsors and was referred to the House Agriculture Committee on Feb. 4. It calls for the creation of a Food Safety Administration to allow the government to regulate food production at all levels – and even mandates property seizure, fines of up to $1 million per offense and criminal prosecution for producers, manufacturers and distributors who fail to comply with regulations
. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=92002
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Lose your property for growing food?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 06:29:15 PM »
From the sounds of it, its only for people on the comm'l end, not the guy growing it to feed directly to his family.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »
No doubt it will be misused against unintended targets.  The road of good intentions is paved with..........
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:40:17 PM »
My brother in law has 400 acres in NC, and has strawberries, peaches, okra, asparagus, etc,.. and a road side produce stand. It has been a family farm since the 1800's. Everything I read sounds like more Gov interference effecting the "little" guy.

Oh, noticed it was sponsored by mega food co-ops, and herbicide manufacturers, .....

The small family farm has been at risk for years, it seems BHO is the fast track to try harder.......

Thank you for the link, I just fwd. it to him.

Anyone tells me to regulate my tiny plot, of mater's, herbs, etc,.. is going to have problems.....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:31:27 PM »
From the sounds of it, its only for people on the comm'l end, not the guy growing it to feed directly to his family.

Wrong once again - the organic back-lot growers have been burning up the Internet on this one, it will apply to all yard plots, not just the commercial folks.

Click!

Another degree warmer
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:19:56 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »
comm'l means selling your produce...

Federal regulators will be tasked with ensuring that food producers, processors and distributors

no where does it say the guy with a garden in his back yard for personal use is going to be targeted.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:49:21 PM »
comm'l means selling your produce...

no where does it say the guy with a garden in his back yard for personal use is going to be targeted.

Keep thinking "inside the box" TAB....

Commercial is also SMALL farms that count on seasonal crops to provide a LIVING. Strawberries in April, May for my brother in law help him and his family, selling the bounty of a good harvest is what farmers do,... As they have for a LONG LONG time.

Why does the Gov't HAVE to stick their nose beyond NORMAL overbearing regs. It wasn't a small local farmer that had tainted peanut butter, it was the corporate processing plant....

The road side stand selling collards in the spring has to be gov't regulated?

STUPID!!!!!!

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »
you do realize that farmers get more aid then they give out in welfare rigth?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »
No doubt it will be misused against unintended targets.  The road to of good intentions to hell is paved with good intentions

There!   Fixed it for you.  No beating around the bush.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »
Death of a thousand cuts, just like 2A issues....

TAB, the small farmer does NOT get a lot of money from aid.  Some big farmers do, and a LOT is "lost" in the management and distribution of the aid.

The stuff dreamed up for farm regulations make gun bans seem logical  :o
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk