Author Topic: Herman Cain scheduled to make "an important announcement" this Sat.  (Read 7576 times)

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Herman Cain scheduled to make "an important announcement" this Sat.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 11:17:15 PM »
He will certainly get the Muslim vote.

After coming out strongly against Islam and appointing Muslims to his cabinet, Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain reversed course completely.

One Out of Two Herman Cains Would Appoint Muslims to His Cabinet, Judgeships

Herman Cain wants to correct the record: He would consider a Muslim for his cabinet or as a federal judge if he’s elected president.

Cain’s clarification comes two months after he initially said he wouldn’t have any Muslim appointees, stoking controversy and criticism from a leading Muslim advocacy group.

“That statement is not what I said. It has been misconstrued,” Cain told Glenn Beck on his radio show Tuesday.

http://visiontoamerica.org/972/herman-cain-does-180-on-islam-would-appoint-muslims-to-cabinet/
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
Watch for the MSM to put on the blitz to ridicule and slander Cain like they have done with several candidates who deliver a message that might resonate with a large number of independent voters.

He will certainly get the Muslim vote.

After coming out strongly against Islam and appointing Muslims to his cabinet, Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain reversed course completely.

One Out of Two Herman Cains Would Appoint Muslims to His Cabinet, Judgeships

Herman Cain wants to correct the record: He would consider a Muslim for his cabinet or as a federal judge if he’s elected president.

Cain’s clarification comes two months after he initially said he wouldn’t have any Muslim appointees, stoking controversy and criticism from a leading Muslim advocacy group.

“That statement is not what I said. It has been misconstrued,” Cain told Glenn Beck on his radio show Tuesday.

http://visiontoamerica.org/972/herman-cain-does-180-on-islam-would-appoint-muslims-to-cabinet/

tool

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »
Herman Cain refuses to appoint a Muslim in his administration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDXCwd65R5o

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »
Herman Cain refuses to appoint a Muslim in his administration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDXCwd65R5o
Then he is a jackass, but I think you are taking the man out of context. I think he would say the same to Evangelical Christians who would put their view of Biblical law above the Constitution. If you think he SHOULD exclude Muslims, or members of any other faith, you aren't reading the US Constitution which clealy prohibits a religious test for the holdng of any public office. As long as your ultimate loyalty is to the US Constitution neither I, nor the Founders, give a rat's ass what or who you pray to.
FQ13

runstowin

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 12:19:24 AM »
Then he is a jackass, but I think you are taking the man out of context. I think he would say the same to Evangelical Christians who would put their view of Biblical law above the Constitution. If you think he SHOULD exclude Muslims, or members of any other faith, you aren't reading the US Constitution which clealy prohibits a religious test for the holdng of any public office. As long as your ultimate loyalty is to the US Constitution neither I, nor the Founders, give a rat's ass what or who you pray to.
FQ13
First show me in the US Constitution were it says that the president can't exclude people for appointment for any reason he wants. Second, I disagree with:( neither I, nor the Founders, give a rat's ass what or who you pray to.
FQ13 ), and so do the founding fathers to wit: "I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.    Benjamin Franklin
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution

"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.    James Madison
4th U.S. President

"Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."
--America's Providential History, p. 93.    gner of the Declaration of Independence and Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution

"The gospel of Jesus Christ prescribes the wisest rules for just conduct in every situation of life. Happy they who are enabled to obey them in all situations!"
--The Autobiography of Benjamin Rush, pp. 165-166.

"Christianity is the only true and perfect religion, and that in proportion as mankind adopts its principles and obeys its precepts, they will be wise and happy."
--Essays, Literary, Moral, and Philosophical, published in 1798.

Sponsor

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 12:26:19 AM »
First show me in the US Constitution were it says that the president can't exclude people for appointment for any reason he wants. Second, I disagree with:( neither I, nor the Founders, give a rat's ass what or who you pray to
As ye ask, so shall ye receive. Article VI, para 3, US Constitution:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

Any questions?

FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 09:41:47 AM »
FQ is wasting his breath here , Runstowin's previous posts have shown him to be the type of bigot who gives Christians a bad name, a "Witch burner" who thinks the first Amendment only applies to his type of Christianity.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »
First show me in the US Constitution were it says that the president can't exclude people for appointment for any reason he wants. Second, I disagree with:( neither I, nor the Founders, give a rat's ass what or who you pray to.
FQ13 ), and so do the founding fathers to wit: "I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.    Benjamin Franklin
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution

"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.    James Madison
4th U.S. President

"Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."
--America's Providential History, p. 93.    gner of the Declaration of Independence and Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution

"The gospel of Jesus Christ prescribes the wisest rules for just conduct in every situation of life. Happy they who are enabled to obey them in all situations!"
--The Autobiography of Benjamin Rush, pp. 165-166.

"Christianity is the only true and perfect religion, and that in proportion as mankind adopts its principles and obeys its precepts, they will be wise and happy."
--Essays, Literary, Moral, and Philosophical, published in 1798.

Runstowin, are any of the folks you quote non-christian or are they all christians telling everyone they are the best?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

runstowin

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
FQ is wasting his breath here , Runstowin's previous posts have shown him to be the type of bigot who gives Christians a bad name, a "Witch burner" who thinks the first Amendment only applies to his type of Christianity.
Shame on me for posting actual quotes from the founding fathers, if that makes me a bigot I am guilty in the first degree, and proud of it.

runstowin

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »
Runstowin, are any of the folks you quote non-christian or are they all christians telling everyone they are the best?
I provided a few quotes from some founding fathers, I can't help it if they were Christians, Blame them not me, I'm just reporting what they said.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who is offended by me posting quotes from:   Benjamin Franklin, James Madison,  and Benjamin Rush.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk