Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 188079 times)

Diamondback

• NRA/SAF Life Member, FPC Member, SMF Lawfare Donor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1450 on: May 08, 2024, 03:11:20 PM »
Bait?  Those things fry up well with a nice gravy.
Nah, in my neighborhood the squirrels are generally nice except to each other. Lefty here earns her keep as a working animal too, between a furry little alarm clock and keeping Her Ill-Temperedness amused/entertained/not-badgering-me while I unload the groceries. (Great therapist too... not much of a talker, but she's an exceptional listener for the low hourly rate of literal peanuts. :) )

Besides, how can you do that to a critter that runs straight across the yard to you and does this? :)

Little critter's taken some hard knocks and still keeps a playful attitude... sometimes God picks strange messengers to remind us of the little things.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"YOU IDIOTS! I WROTE 1984 AS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO MANUAL!"
--the ghost of George Orwell

Life Member NRA/SAF - FPC Member - WA CPL holder

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #1451 on: May 08, 2024, 07:55:34 PM »
My older brother told me city squirrels didn't taste as good as the ones in the woods. They probably taste better than the garbage-eating possums that crawl out of the sewers at night, but still not good.

I've been eating all kinds of stuff including snacks the last few days. I discovered jalapeno and cheddar flavor pork rinds and my life will never be the same again. ;)  I had some dark chocolate with crystallized ginger for dessert or a snack earlier today, but now I'm ready for another meal. I have some meals that were ready to eat that I put in the freezer. So I'll grab one of those. I have a couple different kinds of frittatas, but don't remember what the rest of the stuff was. I've been drinking birch beer, ginger beer, and key lime soda the last couple of days too, when I don't want water.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1452 on: May 11, 2024, 10:35:18 AM »
I had a Screamin' Sicilian stromboli for breakfast. I'm going to have another one for lunch.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1453 on: May 13, 2024, 05:35:19 AM »
Breakfast pizza. It's kind of like biscuits and gravy. And biscuits and scrambled eggs. And biscuits and cheese. And more biscuits. I bought it at Walmart last week when I bought sugar cubes to go with my absinthe. The last bottle of absinthe I bought came with an absinthe spoon to rest the sugar cubes on. I have 2 water bottles half full of ice in the freezer, to fill with water for ice water to prepare the absinthe. I'm finally going to do it right. I haven't had any alcohol for a few days, but had a double Old Fashioned to finish off my tiny cans of cocktails, then a Coke and spiced rum. Now I'm having a spiced Coke and spiced rum, and I'm about ready to fall out of my seat. That means it's bedtime after I finish eating and watching TV. ;D

This is how to prepare and serve absinthe. If anyone drips spirits on the sugar cube and sets it on fire, like the guy in the second video, they should be shot in the face with a bazooka. Or seriously reprimanded at the least. The 3rd video shows the louche effect, AKA the ouzo effect - spontaneous emulsification, the phenomenon of formation of a milky oil-in-water emulsion when water is added to ouzo and other anise-flavored liqueurs and spirits, such as pastis, rakı, arak, sambuca and absinthe. Such emulsions occur with only minimal mixing and are highly stable.

Observation and explanation. - First a strongly hydrophobic essential oil such as trans-anethole is dissolved in a water-miscible solvent, such as ethanol, and the ethanol itself forms a solution (a homogenous mixture) with water. If then the concentration of ethanol is lowered by addition of more water the hydrophobic substance precipitates from the solution and forms an emulsion with the remaining ethanol-water-mixture. The tiny droplets of the substance in the emulsion scatter light and thus make the mixture appear white. Oil-in-water emulsions are not normally stable. Oil droplets coalesce until complete phase separation is achieved at macroscopic levels. Addition of a small amount of surfactant or the application of high shear rates (strong stirring) can stabilize the oil droplets. In a water-rich ouzo mixture the droplet coalescence is dramatically slowed without mechanical agitation, dispersing agents, or surfactants. It forms a stable homogeneous fluid dispersion by liquid–liquid nucleation. The size of the droplets when measured by small-angle neutron scattering was found to be on the order of a micron, one millionth of a meter (or one thousandth of a millimeter, 0.001 mm, or about 0.00004 inch). Using dynamic light scattering, Sitnikova et al showed that the droplets of oil in the emulsion grow by Ostwald ripening, and that droplets do not coalesce. The Ostwald ripening rate is observed to diminish with increasing ethanol concentrations until the droplets stabilize in size with an average diameter of 3 microns. Based on thermodynamic considerations of the multi-component mixture, the emulsion derives its stability from trapping between the binodal and spinodal curves in the phase diagram. However, the microscopic mechanisms responsible for the observed slowing of Ostwald ripening rates at increasing ethanol concentrations appear not fully understood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouzo_effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoe4prZykAc

How To Serve Absinthe The WRONG Way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfLoUGOO5rg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO3qZQ9rfUA

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1454 on: May 13, 2024, 07:13:08 AM »
I just ate a bunch of sweet Maui sty;e onion potato chips with a chunk of Colby-Jack cheese. Now I'm ready to finish off the brownie batter cookie dough ice cream I bought last week, then call it quits for awhile.

Sponsor

« Reply #1455 on: Today at 01:32:33 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #1455 on: May 14, 2024, 06:22:01 PM »
Fried chicken for lunch from a little hole-in-the-wall local joint. They put a good scald on the barnyard pimp.

Black forest ham sandwich for supper.

Left over birthday cake from the weekend.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1456 on: May 15, 2024, 01:07:33 AM »
Motor City Pizza Co. 5 cheese bread. A thick, crispy crust topped with mozzarella, parmesan, asiago, romano and cheddar cheeses and parmesan cheese sauce. I bought it and some frozen pizzas at Walmart last week. Until that day I didn't even know where to find pizzas at Walmart. They sell a couple other brands I like too. After 30 years in Flint, Walmart remodeled that store last year, but I've gone there less than once a year on average, even though it's less 2 miles down the road from me.

Diamondback

• NRA/SAF Life Member, FPC Member, SMF Lawfare Donor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1457 on: May 15, 2024, 11:39:05 AM »
Breakfast pizza. It's kind of like biscuits and gravy. And biscuits and scrambled eggs. And biscuits and cheese. And more biscuits.
I remember when Red Baron had those in the freezer case, called Sunrise Singles. Don't forget the gravy for pizza sauce! Carb Hell now, but before I got old and fat and had to go to a carb-managed lifestyle OHHHH so good...

Blueberry muffin while I was babysitting the squirrel pups right after getting off the overnight office blatherfest not long after sunrise, now a Sausage Scramble Bowl and Greek Yogurt Parfait at Chik-fil-A. (Every other CFA I'm on board with the Culture War boycott, but this crew always took very good care of me before that so I've made it known that I'm supporting THEM and the franchise owner, not the loose screws in Atlanta.)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"YOU IDIOTS! I WROTE 1984 AS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO MANUAL!"
--the ghost of George Orwell

Life Member NRA/SAF - FPC Member - WA CPL holder

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1458 on: Yesterday at 06:12:18 PM »
I stopped by my favorite freakin' burger joint and got a Mexicali Burger and Birthday Cake Shake for breakfast. And I got a free glass. They've been in this building in Flint Twp. for 12 years. I remember there was a Italian place called Fazoli's there before that. You could get pasta to go and they would usually give you free breadsticks while you waited. The free breadsticks were worth the price of the dinner. They still have 8 places in Michigan but the closest one to me now is in Lansing, the state capitol. If I get the craving bad enough I'll go there and buy a few dozen garlic butter breadsticks.

I just preheated the toaster oven, and I'm going to put some Margaritaville Calypso Coconut Shrimp in for lunch. I may have Margaritas with my shrimp. Or Mai Tais. I'm running late and getting hungry.

https://fazolis.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk