Author Topic: Another Obama flip-flop: Jerusalem  (Read 8614 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: Another Obama flip-flop: Jerusalem
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »
Lots of reasons, not the least of which is lack of moral foundation and knowing who we are in this nation.  Our core beliefs are being rejected by more and more people.  Think back to 2002...is there anyway anyone with a middle name like he has, a mooslim (mispelled intentionally) daddy and those relationships could have been considered....no way.

Six years later....is it desensitization?  Is this the fruit of not standing for something?  Picking the lesser of 2 evils in elections?

I do not like the society we are becoming. 

To all intents and purposes, it is the society we have already become.

Most of you on this site know how pessimistic I am about where we are and where we are continuing to go. And that the fix is in, and you and I don't really matter except to thwart at elections, to be marginalized and rendered completely pointless.

Every so often someone comes along, like some folks on this site who have served in the sandbox and show themselves to be good, decent people who lived up to their responsibility and served well. That makes me proud, and all the more determined to do all I can to prevent the downward spiral.

But I am still pessimistic. >:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 04:10:46 PM »
How about this for a campaign motto:

Obama for President!
BEATS WORKIN'!!

Once ridiculed as a dishonorable philosophy, enrollment in taxpayer funded entitlements is now more generally regarded as a clever and self-righteous way to overcome "oppression". ME!  NOW!!!

Mac

Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 05:45:04 PM »
Ask not what you can do for your country, ask instead whats in it for me

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 07:12:41 PM »

Obama for President!
BEATS WORKIN'!!

Once ridiculed as a dishonorable philosophy, enrollment in taxpayer funded entitlements is now more generally regarded as a clever and self-righteous way to overcome "oppression". ME!  NOW!!!

Mac

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask instead whats in it for me

YES! we should start a new thread: "The classic Obama campaign slogans thread"!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 07:22:42 PM »

Obama for President!
BEATS WORKIN'!!

Mac

My former sister in law was born without both lower legs - thalidomide as I recall. Still, she got prosthetics, skied competitively, and worked her way to Director level in a US cellular phone company. Then she met husband #2, a single amputee, who has taught her how to suck at the gummint teat. She quit her job and now they spend their whole life living it up at the taxpayer's expense.

My kids will not have anything to do with her anymore, they disrespect her just that much. And she used to be favorite aunt #2 out of a bunch.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:26:18 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 07:28:37 PM »
My former sister in law was born without both lower legs - thalidomide as I recall. Still, she got prosthetics, skied competitively, and worked her way to Director level in a US cellular phone company. Then she met husband #2, a single amputee, who has taught her how to suck at the gummint teat. She quit her job and now they spend their whole life living it up at the taxpayer's expense.

My kids will not have anything to do with her anymore, they disrespect her just that much. And she used to be favorite aunt #2 out of a bunch.

Good Grief :(

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 01:52:29 PM »
Perhaps there should be a fresh thread, but here we are in Raleigh, NC, 06-09-2008, to witness the kickoff of Obama's new economic initiative to fix the economy. The theme banner reads: "Change that Works for You" . I heard his explanation of the plan. Sounds to me like- Change that works, so you don't have to.

Remember the TV theme song, "He Robs from the Rich, gives to the Poor, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood!" ??, Well, some of us over 50 do. It was a great kid show, but not so much fun when you are grown up and are considered among the targeted "rich".

Hey Pathfinder! Yea, you, wealthy Dude! Barack is looking for you. If you see him, please tell him that I, like a lot of his voters, died already.

The possibility that a President, with the authority to wield the true focused force of civil authority, intends to make a determination as to whether I have more than my share of anything, take what he determines to be my excess, and redistribute it to those of his choosing, is enough to make me utter the Hollywood liberal threat to leave the country if so-and-so is elected. If I just knew a better place to go??

Hey, Barack (he has lurkers). Keep your stimulus checks. Don't corner me.  Claim Newt's American Solutions as your own, without prejudice, and really fix it for ALL of us.

Mac.

Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 02:09:23 PM »
this kind of says it all..........

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 02:16:30 PM »

The possibility that a President, with the authority to wield the true focused force of civil authority, intends to make a determination as to whether I have more than my share of anything, take what he determines to be my excess, and redistribute it to those of his choosing, is enough to make me utter the Hollywood liberal threat to leave the country if so-and-so is elected. If I just knew a better place to go??

Mac.

Hit.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Ron J

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 04:46:11 PM »
Marshal'ette!  Great video! 

Says it all and a bag of chips.  Very typical of people supporting B. Hussein Obama.  They like the idea of a well spoken black man but have no idea of the man. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk