Author Topic: Request for family members  (Read 11492 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Request for family members
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »
Folks, I have two nephews on my wife's side of the fence that are in big need of prayers.

Robert is 25 years of age and has been battling a severe bout with Chrohn's Disease. He has had several surgeries to try and help, but needs major corrective surgery that will require removal of some intestine/colon. The major problem is that he is too sick for the surgery and the docs are trying to get him well enough to undergo it. They are trying to avoid emergency surgery, but I am afraid that is what it will come to because he isn't improving. Right now my fear is sepsis/blood poison from the bowel leaking. He has a perforate abdominal wall that will not heal and can't even bend over to tie his shoes without rupturing something internally. The doc feels he can fix the problem, IF he can get Robert to the point to where the surgery itself is not "life threatening".

Austin is the other nephew and he is 17 and a senior in HS. Two weeks ago he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
As some of you may remember, that is what my wife, Amy, had back in 2009. We know what he is facing, and while he does have a good perspective over-all, for a 17 year-old, he does have bouts of sudden anxiety at times. He had his life-port put in last week, and begins his chemo treatments this week.
As with Amy, we know this type of cancer is highly treatable, but can also have some serious and lasting side effects. I know Austin will get through this, but is still a tough, long row to hoe for someone of his age to face.

Thanks in advance for your prayers for these two young men.

Chuck & Amy
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Request for family members
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 02:23:22 PM »
Chuck and Amy,

Prayers will be said for your nephews.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »
Done!

Knowing they have family like you and Amy and I'm sure the rest of the clan, should be reassuring even in the most trying times!  Keep the faith!

God Bless them both and give their caregivers the knowledge and skill they need!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
Quick update:

Robert is looking at maybe late November for surgery.... unless emergency surgery comes into play.

Austin begins his treatments this Thursday. We went with him for his consult last Friday and they gave some upbeat news. They stages him at a 2A (only because he had one active spot in a chest node which took it beyond stage 1).....so in essence they found his really early. This means he should only need four rounds (at 2 treatments per round) of chemo and some follow-up radiation.
The doctor told him he would still be "going through hell because of the strength of the type of chemo he will get"..... but due to his age, he should tolerate it well.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 11:54:11 PM »
That's good news Peg.  Prayers sent and keep the faith friend.

Bryan
He who dares wins.  SAS

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:51:53 PM »

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 08:38:48 AM »
Pegleg, add my prayers for your nephews. But for the grace of God go I.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »
Thanks, guys.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 11:22:44 AM »
As you know, you have but to ask.  Prayers are going up.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 02:22:27 PM »
Here for you Chuck and Amy!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:49:01 PM »
Update and more prayers needed:

Austin finished his chemo two weeks ago and had the standard follow-up PET Scan. He got the results today and it showed the cancer had not been knocked out......so, two more months of chemo.

After seeing how they set up and calculate dosages (when my wife went through it with the same type), I think they probably under-dosed him because of his age and the early stages/early detection. It is toxic stuff and they try not to overdo it. I expect they will hit him with a 'hotter' dose this time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk