Author Topic: Request for family members  (Read 11421 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Request for family members
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 05:41:06 AM »
Prayers continue.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 06:18:54 PM »
Continued prayers Peg.

Make sure he starts eating LOTS of fresh spinach. Like every day. My wife and I were like Popeye when she went through chemo. Her blood count stayed in the normal range, and see if Marinol can be prescribed.

It is a cannabinoid (synthesized THC), that keeps the appetite up (munchies), and was very beneficial to my wife at the time.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/marinol.html

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 12:42:16 PM »
Thanks, guys.

TW, I will pass the info on.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 01:01:13 AM »
Done, and thanks for the opportunity..
Cancer just plain sucks..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 05:41:24 AM »
I just saw this.  What can I say but yes to crying out.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:05:35 AM »

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 08:52:52 AM »
Cancer just plain sucks..

Ain't that the truth!!
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »
Just got word from our nephew Austin, who had to undergo a second series of chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma. He finished treatments last month and had to wait until last week for a PET Scan....... They got the news this morning that the second set of treatments was successful and there is no sign of the cancer. He may have to take some radiation (like my wife did) as a precaution, but he won't know that until Friday.

Our other nephew Robert, mentioned in the OP, had surgery on the 15th of April and had some sections of colon and intestine removed. He went home last Thursday and continues to recover. The doctor was able to resection "good tissue" and Robert did not have to have a colostomy bag, and on top of that is back to eating regular food for the first time on nearly four years.

Now, hopefully, our oldest son will not need chemo and can get on with healing also.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »
Things are heading in the right direction for all of them  :D :D

But it just always seems like moving along on a very narrow ledge...

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 07:22:40 PM »
Continued prayers for full and speedy recoveries!

God Bless,

Richard and Norma
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk