Author Topic: The Jim Zumbo "Defection"  (Read 69254 times)

storm1911

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Jim Zumbo "Defection"
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 07:29:28 PM »
Zumbo has done us no favors.  That sham apology takes no notice of the Brady Bunch latching on to him. In fact, we haven't seen him repudiate the Brady comments.  I guess he forgot the many bills that wanted to ban those evil black rifles along with the equally evil sniper rifles. You know, any rifle with a scope and range beyond 100 yards. I am glad Remington jumped on this one as quickly as they did.

MOREGUNS

• Forum Member
  • BANG!
    • D&M GUN SALES (GUNS FOR SALE)
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 08:04:24 PM »
WE ONLY HAVE THE RIGHTS THAT WE ARE WILLING TO FIGHT FOR!

I HOPE TED KICKS ZUMBO IN THE NUTS!!  :o
JUST LIKE HE HAS DONE TO MILLIONS OF US WITH HIS IDIOT STATEMENTS.

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the
others.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
GUNS FOR SALE
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=658336

Dtech

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 09:42:03 PM »
Another member from SIGforum here.   :)

I've been thinking long and hard about the fiasco that has been Zumbo's blog and although I have the same feelings and reactions as most other 2A supporters out there, I must say I'm wondering if Mr. Zumbo may not have inadvertently done us (true supporters of the 2A) a huge favor?  Regardless of what ammunition the "Bradys" are trying to use this as, it has also caused a huge uprising of 2A support in a VERY short amount of time to show just how strong our camp is.  In short, if the gun grabbers and AWB supporters thought that they reaped heavy repercussions as a result of the first AWB, just let them try and get another one even out of committee (as was recently introduced by Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy) and they'll see just how powerful the 2A camp has become in the past 13 years!

As for Mr. Zumbo, I expect his "uneducated" elitism will yield him exactly what he deserves as Remington and Cabela's has already expressed.

matthew26

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 10:51:56 PM »
I must say I'm wondering if Mr. Zumbo may not have inadvertently done us (true supporters of the 2A) a huge favor? 

i'm hoping.

MDaly

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 12:47:22 PM »
Some have said that the Brady Campaing has picked this up.  Where is ther source for this?  I did not find it on theri web site.

Thanks

Mike

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:04:36 AM »

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
Hi Mike  ;D

This is from
http://blog.myspace.com/bradycampaign

Even Remington's top gun writer agrees on Assault Weapons

With important writers such as this on our side, it is clear that we have a cultural imperative to remove dangerous terrorist rifles from our streets, and our woods.

Jim Zumbo is a writer for the prestigious Outdoor Life magazine and represents the views of America's true sportsmen. He is also sponsored by Remington.

Assault Rifles For Hunters?

As I write this, I'm hunting coyotes in southeastern Wyoming with Eddie Stevenson, PR Manager for Remington Arms, Greg Dennison, who is senior research engineer for Remington, and several writers. We're testing Remington's brand new .17 cal Spitfire bullet on coyotes.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries and woods.

PS from the Campaign:

We've read his apology. Stop copying and pasting it. If we wanted to post it, it would have been included already. Thanks to a few individuals who attempted to excessively spam the blog comments section, comments are now moderated for this blog post. We will still post comments from all viewpoints, as we respect and cherish the first amendment, but you have only those who refused to respect our requests to thank when you have to wait for your comment to be approved.

Btw.... This Brady blog is now moderated heavily due to all the comments from our side of the fence.

Snake45

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 01:35:27 PM »
That is NOT the "official" Brady blog. That particular MySpace blogger may or may not have ties--official or not--to the Brady organization. No one knows for certain exactly what the deal is at this time.
And he's dreaming about an intruder or two
And the promise of burglar blood,
And he's yearning to chew on a gangster tattoo
And to hear the proverbial sickening thud...

--Warren Zevon, "Rottweiler Blues," Mutineer c1995

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 07:34:56 PM »
I for one did not really believe in the 'apology'.  Some of you may remember he angered the muzzleloader community not long ago by saying that the inlines were so superior that they should get rid of the traditional ones. Does that mean that I should not bowhunt anymore either?  As someone has also said, wait till they come for his ultra accuate sniper rifle.

To me it was more of an attack stating that black rifle hunters are slobs, spray and pray, and are just out to wound game.  I hunt with an AR, and the best bullets I can buy (Barnes X bullet by the way).  Every deer that I have shot, except one, took only one shot.  The other took two, and none of them went more than 30 yards from where I shot it.  I use a 20 round mag, and have 5 rounds in it.  I also hunt Elk with an FAL (.308), and that has done equally well.  I also have a Savage 99 that was my dads that goes as well. So, since I hunt with these rifles I am a slob hunter??  I certainly don't think so.

A few others have sounded off on dropping him from sponsorship also, such as DPMS and Mossy Oak.

'nuf said.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

dhowser

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 09:28:49 PM »
Mr. Zumbo could have learned a lesson from the Dixie Chics.  Don't Piss Off Your Fans.  Maybe he'll score a job writing for the Outdoor Section of the "fine" Denver Post. 

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 09:37:03 AM »
Zumbo's fate will be radically different than the Dixie's. The Dixies immediately appeared on every TV show they could, even before they came back to the US from their European tour, had reporters asking them how it felt to have their rights violated (can you say oxymoron? Talking on TV how your right to talk was trashed?). Their albums are selling well, not as well as before, but they have become media darlings. Their concerts also sell well, but mostly in urban areas. So they are raking in the cash, and going for a Country to Pop cross-over where the real money is. They have sold out and are reaping the wordly benefits of going to the other side.

Zumbo will be hung out to dry (justifiably IMHO), maybe have some paid appearances by Brady et al. He is after all a GUN OWNER and evil HUNTER. So no media darling treatment for him, just getting used by the antis and discarded when his usefulness runs out.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk