Author Topic: Sure Am Glad Armed DHS Officers Were There For The Tea Party Protest.  (Read 14191 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hmmm,...Let's just ask the Philly Po-Po recruitment website shall we?

I get the warm and fuzzies,,,,how about you....

http://phillypolice.com/careers/military-experience/

Military Experience

Overview
Police recruitment efforts are designed to identify the candidates that are best able to complete their Academy training and who are most likely to perform at the highest levels of operational proficiency in the shortest time. Because of this focus, the Philadelphia Police Department actively recruits veterans of our armed forces for service in the Department.

To claim a veteran's preference you must be able to answer yes to at least one of the following criteria:

I am an honorably discharged veteran who served in the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty, except for training, on or after December 7, 1941.
    I am the spouse of a disabled veteran.
    I am the spouse of a deceased veteran.
    I served with the National Guard or Reserves, completed basic training as part of my service, and completed my National Guard or Reserve obligation.

The Police Department is structured as a para-military organization
This means that we employ a culture and protocols that closely approximate those of the armed forces. Concepts like the chain of command, organizational hierarchies, military order and discipline, and others are ideas that are present in all police organizations. Because of this similarity to the military services, veterans have demonstrated an ability to quickly assimilate into the police organizational framework and are, therefore, productive in their respective duties quicker and at a higher proficiency level than those who have no experience serving in such organizations.

In addition, veterans are, on the whole, in peak physical condition. Because of this, veterans are more likely to withstand the rigors of recruit training and to satisfactorily complete their courses of study to become police officers. Candidates who lack this degree of physical conditioning are more likely to fail the physical component of training and not complete their term of training. This is more than an inconvenience to the department because such failures result in the wasting of valuable training dollars and delay our efforts to add personnel to the patrol force.

Other than issues concerning training completion, physical conditioning is especially important because policing can, at times, be a very demanding occupation that requires the strenuous application of physical effort. Officer candidates who are unfit will clearly have a more difficult time of adequately responding in these situations, placing other officers and citizens at increased risk.

Veterans have also received prior training in firearms, a phase of training that persons not familiar with firearms may have difficulty with. Again, the idea is to identify the candidates most likely to succeed and to actively recruit them for inclusion in our ranks.

Veteran's Benefit Summary

U.S. Veteran's Preference
Ten points for veteran's preference will be added to the scores of those who pass the written examination. You are eligible if you are honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces. Spouses of disabled or deceased veterans may also be considered. Attach a legible copy of your DD-214, Member 4, to your application if you wish your eligibility to be reviewed.

Military personnel who are still on active duty and do not yet have their DD-214 are ineligible for the ten point benefit at this time. However, they may apply for the addition of the ten points to their raw score upon their honorable discharge.

We encourage all veterans to take advantage of this opportunity to join the Philadelphia Police Department; an agency dedicated to excellence and cutting-edge law enforcement leadership. We are defining the future of law enforcement in Philadelphia, we invite you to join us in making that vision a reality.

It's not just a job, (in new LE), it's an adventure....

Do I really need to post more MRAP'S and tactical assault teams in Boston,.....again???

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Go ahead, especially since they were NOT MRAPS.  
I'll even post it for you to be helpfull

MRAP

If you're going to contiue to post conspiracy BS at least do a little research and get it right.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

If you're going to contiue to post conspiracy BS at least do a little research and get it right.
[/quote]

Your Right,....
I'm such a slacker,...

I'm sure it was just some "dealership options"....ya know color, tires, stereo, sun roof,....

I'm sure I just missed those simple F250's parked and deployed as needed...oh wait,...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
In addition, veterans are, on the whole, in peak physical condition. Because of this, veterans are more likely to withstand the rigors of recruit training and to satisfactorily complete their courses of study to become police officers.

I am an honorably discharged veteran who served in the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty, except for training, on or after December 7, 1941.

So a vet that was 18 in 1941 would be 90 now...but on the whole, in peak physical condition.  ;D
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

Them thar F250's TW spoke of are built right here in Pittsfield, MA. 

http://www.swattrucks.com/

;D

You folks can continue to argue who's paranoid or who's not but I, long ago, stopped trusting our government!  I'm also well aware of the internet footprint I leave behind...  I had a TS clearance at one time, pretty sure they know where to find me...

Sponsor

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
You folks can continue to argue who's paranoid or who's not but I, long ago, stopped trusting our government!  I'm also well aware of the internet footprint I leave behind...  I had a TS clearance at one time, pretty sure they know where to find me...

Me too, I will not hide but I won't sit here unarmed and helpless either nor will I believe that any law enforcement agency cares one whit about my safety-although some do its not good practice.
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

I make no secrets of either my opinions or the fact that if they did get a ban I would simply start making my own.
Just like every other moderately skilled machinist in the country.
All it takes is the machines, and there are about 100 of them with in walking distance.

http://www.cncguns.com/downloads.html

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

All it takes is the machines, and there are about 100 of them with in walking distance.

The ol' Foxfire series of books, had an 1800's blacksmith recipe for common homemade rifles. Yes,...those "good ol' boys of the South", can and have been making custom firearms for oh I don't know, 200+ years.

The "zip" guns of WWI & II were homemade....Ingenuity back than, a high dollar printer today....

Keep your bets on the ol' school design.
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

Bow and arrow will get you anything you want.
Including one of those "neato tactical vehicles" if you pick your time right.

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Lots of hind-sight at work here.  The Homeland Security police officers, are not security guards, they are federal police officers. 
For several decades they were known as the Federal Protective Service, with limited jurisdiction to federal property.  In many areas with lots of federal building, they are a common sight.  It was only after 9-11-01 they were merged with "Homeland Security" a term I still shudder when hearing it. 

Not to belabor the point, the federal police unit gets word of a protest rally happening on whatever date, and they have a responsibility to protect federal property, their primary objective.  Without knowing how many people are going to show up, what their disposition is, or if there will be counter demonstrations, as there frequently are, it is prudent to have officers on scene in case trouble breaks out.  On the video, I did not see an example of excessive force, or any force for that matter.  They are in every day uniforms, not riot gear, and they stand around and watch.  Heck, the officers were greatly out numbered. 

No trouble, no riot, everyone goes home, nice and peacefully.  In fact, I'd be willing to wager the officers are more on the side of the protesters.  In some smaller cities with not so many federal facilities, the local police are often contracted to provide law enforcement services.  That's why some cities have them, and others don't.  Yes I'm a retired city police officer, and I presently work across the street from a large federal complex with many HS police officers.  Don't let imaginations and conspiracy buffs insult your intelligence.  They are not an occupying force, they are every day people, who live in the communities, raise their kids, pay taxes, just like the rest of us. 
Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk