Author Topic: Washington's Man's Defense Against Gun Charge? VP Joe Biden Said So  (Read 4320 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Good ol' Vice Presidente Joe Biden..... I wonder if he can get word to BHO for a pardon.....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/17/mans-defense-against-gun-charges-i-did-what-joe-biden-told-me-to-do/

Man’s Defense Against Gun Charge: ‘I Did What Joe Biden Told Me to Do’

Jul. 17, 2013 7:00pm Jason Howerton

A Washington man who fired his shotgun into the air to scare away alleged car prowlers pleaded not guilty on Wednesday, citing Vice President Joe Biden’s questionable gun advice as the reason he took that specific action.

Jeffery Barton, 52, of Vancouver, Wash., is charged with one count of illegal aiming or discharging a firearm. He was arraigned in Clark County Court on Wednesday.

Barton admitted to firing his weapon in the air while chasing away people he thought were breaking into his vehicles early Monday morning, according to law enforcement officials. Deputies have not been able to find any evidence of prowlers on Barton’s property, but are looking into a large party that got out of control that same night.

“I did what Joe Biden told me to do,” Barton told KOIN outside the courtroom on Wednedsay. “I went outside and fired my shotgun in the air.”

Now, one might think that the advice of the vice president of the United States would be at least somewhat reliable — or at least reliable enough that when you take that advice, you won’t end up in jail.

However, taking Biden’s advice on guns could mean criminal charges.

“If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barreled shot gun,” Biden said in a previous interview.

“I said ‘Jill, if there’s ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here…put that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,” the vice president added. “I promise you, whoever is coming in is not gonna– you don’t need an AR-15. It’s harder to aim, it’s harder to use and, in fact, you don’t need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun.”

TheBlaze also thoroughly debunked Biden’s claim that an AR-15 is harder to “aim” and “shoot.” Read that story here.

Other than just being reckless advice, it is also illegal in some cases.

heriff’s deputies told KOIN 6 News Wednesday that current law does not afford people the right to just fire off their gun. There must be a self-defense component, along with a life-threatening situation — none of which appeared to be the case here, they said,” KOIN-TV reports.

C'mon,....it's everyone's favorite "Foot In Mouth" Guy......Good ol' Uncle Joe......

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
Re: Washington's Man's Defense Against Gun Charge? VP Joe Biden Said So
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:37:26 PM »
He went full-biden, you never go full-biden.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »

WINNER,Quote of the day!!
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:38 PM »
ROFL! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:11 AM »
Okay, I'm gonna just throw this out there...

Can anyone think of a single time Joe"Plugs" Biden has been right about anything?

C'mon.  Not even once?

Yep.  That's what I thought.

So, it's sort of hard to feel much compassion for the Washington State idjit who followed his advice.

I'm just sayin"...

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 07:46:07 AM »
As an instructor I am responsible for everything I say and do in class and on the range.  If a student of mine is involved in a shooting or accident I can expect to be questioned.  This is the reason shooting shows run their disclaimers, or as I call them the "Weasel Waiver."  By the way, V.P. Biden did not run the Weasel Waiver.  He gave advice on firearm usage in a self defense situation.  A person used that advice.  Just like all instructors, V.P. has some splaining to do.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 10:10:20 AM »
As an instructor I am responsible for everything I say and do in class and on the range.  If a student of mine is involved in a shooting or accident I can expect to be questioned.  This is the reason shooting shows run their disclaimers, or as I call them the "Weasel Waiver."  By the way, V.P. Biden did not run the Weasel Waiver.  He gave advice on firearm usage in a self defense situation.  A person used that advice.  Just like all instructors, V.P. has some splaining to do.

YES! Exactly! This is the problem with idiots running the country. SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THEM
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 10:49:41 AM »
So you're telling me it's not ok to just blindly shoot my shotgun through the door when someone knocks on it?
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
So you're telling me it's not ok to just blindly shoot my shotgun through the door when someone knocks on it?

Just make sure you are retreating while shooting.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 11:42:13 AM »
He should so sue bidden...  Does not matter the out come, just to put his ass in thw wittness chair.  I am still shocked bidden said what he did.  I know he is not that bright, but i know he has to have some one with room temp iq on staff.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk