Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 188486 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1120 on: June 07, 2023, 06:15:55 PM »
Cubed venison and onions simmered in gravy with mashed taters, fresh-picked green beans and fried squash from the garden.......oh, and a few jalapeno poppers made with peppers fresh from the garden (gonna have a crop of big ones this year, looks like)......man, oh man...am I full. 
 :) :) :) :)

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #1121 on: June 09, 2023, 06:39:57 AM »
I don't do squash, but the rest sounds good. And I really like pepper jack cheese on other burgers, so why not on taco burgers? Sounds good to me.

I just finished a box of Chicken in a Biscuit crackers, with jalapeno cream cheese olive salsa. When I ran out of crackers I started dipping my finger in the bow, until I was satisfied. I was surprised when I read the ingredients on a box of these crackers several years ago and found out they really do have chicken in them. Meat crackers! I don't know of any other crackers made with real meat.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1122 on: June 15, 2023, 12:04:00 AM »
Chicken in a Biscuit is Soylent Yellow!!!

In 1973 there was Soylent Green. In 2023, get ready for Soylent Yellow!

In 1966 Harry Harrison wrote a science fiction novel called Make Room! Make Room! exploring the consequences of both unchecked population growth on society and the hoarding of resources by a wealthy minority. Set in a future August 1999, the novel explores trends in the proportion of world resources used by the United States and other countries compared to population growth, depicting a world where the global population is seven billion people, plagued with overcrowding, resource shortages and a crumbling infrastructure. The plot jumps from character to character, recounting the lives of people in various walks of life in New York City, population 35 million. The novel was the basis of the 1973 science fiction movie Soylent Green, although the film changed much of the plot and theme and introduced cannibalism as a solution to feeding people. But, let's face it, without crowd control scooping up rioters and turning them into crackers, it just wouldn't be the same now, would it?

The world population is over eight billion people, now. I remember when they said six billion would be unsustainable. Or maybe five billion. Read up on the Malthusian theory for the reason why if you're curious. Simply stated, population growth is (potentially) exponential, while the growth of the food supply or other resources is linear. Food production, etc. increases 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 while population can potentially increase 1, 2, 9, 16, 25 at the same time. I think it's called arithmetic progression versus geometric progression, but my migraine is making it nearly impossible to think. It took 123 years to go from 1 billion people on Earth to 2 billion, but only 33 years to get to 3 billion, and 14 years to get to 4 billion. Is it any wonder some people saw nothing but doom and gloom in our future? They weren't pessimists, they were realists looking at the facts. But some people decided they didn't need so many kids, and advances were made in food production.

Harry Harrison didn't predict the future, but New York City is still bad. It had a population in 2020 of 8,804,190 distributed over 300.46 square miles. To put that in terms I can more easily understand, Michigan had a population of  at 10,077,331 at the 2020 census, and has an area of 99,716 sq mi. So, Michigan has almost 14.5% more people than New York City, spread out over about 33,188% more land. Jeez! No wonder they built so many skyscrapers in New York City! They couldn't fit everyone in there if they didn't stack them up, one atop the other.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1123 on: June 15, 2023, 12:07:15 AM »
Back of topic. I'm going to eat some Italian beef on hot dog buns. No giardiniera this time. It's too hot to eat when I'm going to bed. I need to lie in the dark with an ice pack on my forehead.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1124 on: June 16, 2023, 10:49:12 AM »
Caramel cake.....  :)  :)  :)

The mad scientists (the wife and me) finally hit on a good cooked caramel icing recipe to go on her already good cake layers.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #1125 on: Today at 06:57:31 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1125 on: June 16, 2023, 10:56:19 AM »
Hot ham & cheese sammiches.....with black forest ham and provolone....toasted in the oven.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #1126 on: June 17, 2023, 07:59:13 AM »
Cough it up dude.  What's the recipe.  Icing and cake....give it up!

Caramel cake.....  :)  :)  :)

The mad scientists (the wife and me) finally hit on a good cooked caramel icing recipe to go on her already good cake layers.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1127 on: June 24, 2023, 03:13:11 AM »

Yeah. What, he said.

I had Motor City deep dish 3 meat pizza with a tall glass of pineapple jalapeno margarita. Now I'm having some peach cobbler, ice cold out of the fridge. Not even bothering to warm it up. I just need something sweet before I go to bed.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1128 on: June 24, 2023, 02:08:43 PM »

Yeah. What, he said.

She didn't have the process wrote down so I had to figure it all out in the right order...... ;D

Amy’s Caramel Frosting Recipe
(covers a 3-layer 10" Cake)

2 Cups reg sugar.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup evaporated milk   (or a little more depending on consistency)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 - 3/4 tsp salt to taste

Melt butter over low-medium heat and add about half the white sugar.
Stir constantly to keep from scorching.
Keep adding sugar and stirring until it is all melted.
Add brown sugar and keep stirring (see a pattern here?).
Add milk and increase heat and keep stirring.
Once it is "boiling" and gets to a frothy stage, add salt and vanilla and stir some more.
Then you can decrease heat to low and stir less and less once the danger of burning has passed.
Now it's a waiting game....stir occasionally until it thickens to a point where you can spread it without it running off the cake.....will vary with humidity and ambient temperature.

Basic Yellow Cake

2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour your cake pan.
Sift together flour and sugar in bowl; set aside.
Melt vegetable shortening, cool, then beat in eggs.
Stir in milk and vanilla.
Add sugar/flour mixture to egg mixture; mix well and pour into cake pan.
Bake for 20-23 minutes until golden brown.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1129 on: June 24, 2023, 10:46:12 PM »
The icing sounds so good I'm thinking about making it without baking a cake to put it on. I'll just eat it straight from the pot until I'm full, or until I go into a diabetic coma, whichever comes first. ;)

I had 3 Cinnaroll gourmet cinnamon rolls with Philadelphia Cream Cheese frosting warmed in the microwave, and Wolfgang Puck covfefe I brought home from Best Western Hotel a few weeks back. I emptied a regular and a decaf pod into my coffee maker and made half a pot of coffee from what was supposed to make two cups. Pods and K-Cups are horribly inefficient, and expensive, ways to make coffee, and it was plenty strong enough, especially since I always press the BOLD button when I brew my coffee. I'm seriously thinking of putting another pizza in the oven since I only got 2 meals out of the one I had yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk