Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 130371 times)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1453
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2020, 07:59:29 AM »
I think this shortage is going to last a lot longer than the others. Rioting is getting worse by the day. And if Trump and the Republicans clean house in November, they'll all go nuts because they'll feel they have nothing to lose. Hell, the radicals in Congress like AOC, are all but calling for it. They see this happening on the horizon...... And want it.

And if Biden wins through fraud I feel a lot of conservatives will be fed up to the point to start shooting. (IMHO)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #341 on: October 07, 2020, 01:56:07 PM »
Any 10 mm sd ammo out there? Normally i carry gold dots, but i can not find any.  Any recommendations  on what elae to look for?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #342 on: October 07, 2020, 02:01:30 PM »
Last time I checked Ammo seek it was cheaper than 9MM.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #343 on: October 07, 2020, 08:25:35 PM »
bought myself a birthday present... ok, two... to help me add to the .22lr shortages... a Holosun 507c for the M41, and a 510c for the 10/22... I am becoming a fanboy of the Holosun line...

the Trijicon RMR2 that I put on the house G17 in the Recover Tactical brace is 1 year on the  battery.... the RMR2 is constant on.... will change it out next week

regards

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #344 on: October 18, 2020, 08:24:32 PM »
Any 10 mm sd ammo out there? Normally i carry gold dots, but i can not find any.  Any recommendations  on what elae to look for?

www.doubletapammo.com

They have full power 10MM.  I first bought from Mike 15 or so years ago.  Somehow in the order process I had stated I had a Kimber EclipseII and he threw in a heavy spring at no charge and said it would add life to the gun.  So...I'm sold on them and their product...which is a good full power like it ought to be product.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #345 on: Today at 05:59:26 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1119
« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2020, 06:22:43 AM »
Got a little side distraction today.  I set one of my monitors on the security cameras (4 of them) that used to give a view of our north truck lot and exterior of the shop.  Now they just show the inside of our new freezer that is under construction (25,000 sq ft).  I have watched footings, foundation walls, five feet of compacted fill, steel framework, insulated panels, couldn't watch roof because cameras are aimed down, and glycol lines all going on.  Monday I turned the system on and saw that they had poured the grout on Saturday.  Tuesday and Wednesday were spent laying vapor barrier and foam board, and setting tube forms around all the uprights to isolate them from the slab.  Today they came in with the laser screed and riding finishers.  This is the first time I have watched a laser screed in operation, and it is damn impressive.

Jump to about the three minute point for the action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65YL4f2jIGY

They started pumping about 0830, and when I left at 1600, they were about 2/3 done with the pour and screed, the three riders were following very close, and the final finish rider was almost to the half way point.  Tomorrow I will look at the replay to see when they finished.  925 yards poured and finished in one day!  Not rough finish, this is glass smooth.

I said "WOW" to our CFO on my way out the door this afternoon, and he said schedule is for the boom lift and scissor lifts to be in on Monday to start running refrigerant lines and hanging units.  Once the units are hung, the racking will be stacked in, the final wall sections will be put in, and the building will be sealed for the final installations.

I've never seen a laser screed before or even heard of one. Now I know what they do when they don't use a long 2x4. :) The drone work was pretty good too. When it pulled way back it looked like a bunch of bugs at work and the ride-on trowels reminded me of water bugs flitting around the surface of a pond.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2020, 06:52:03 AM »
A few days ago I saw one place that had 5.56mm ammo for sale. 200-round belts of M855 in SAW boxes. If you don't have anything belt-fed it may be time to get a new upper and a magazine adaptor, or buy a de-linker and get busy.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #347 on: November 21, 2020, 08:18:16 AM »
Should be fun.
But the AR 15 isn't heavy enough to hold up.
I've wondered if it would hold up better if the belt feed mechanism were built on an AR 10 upper chambered for 5.56.
All the working bits would be in the upper and could therefore be of heavier construction than the standard rifle.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2020, 11:03:37 AM »
Visited a number of stores yesterday.

10mm, 32Long and 32S&W were the calibers that were available.   I should have gotten the .32S&W for my Lemon Squeezer.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2020, 04:39:27 PM »
I sometimes get mixed up and may not have the facts right, but a few days ago I think I read that Federal had $1 Billion dollars worth of ammo back-ordered and it will take them over a year to make it. Maybe it was $1.5 Billion but I think I got the rest right. Some people say you only use 10% of your brain but I'm using 100% of mine. I almost got my cell phone number memorized but forgot my social security number at the same time.

ETA: ^ That may not have even been Federal I read about.  Last month I was looking for pistol ammo at Midway and they had 1 kind of ammo for .45 ACP. I can't remember if that was all the pistol ammo they had at all, or just all they had in the calibers that I was looking at. That may have been all of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk