Author Topic: what should i git a glock or 1911  (Read 36813 times)

adamk222

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
what should i git a glock or 1911
« on: August 25, 2008, 02:15:20 PM »
ok ive been shoting my whole life but mostly rifles.well my buddy want me to go shot comps. with him and the only pistols ive ever owned are 22s so now im looking for a pistol and im thinking 1911 just becuse thay look good have a tun of options for custimization and are reliable.he seems to think i should git a glock and i have to say ive shot several of them and havent liked what ive seen.just dont like the fact that its dao and the triger pull feels like s@#ti think its from years of revolvers and simi-auto 22s.a gun just dont feel right to me unless it has a hammer.any thoughts?any brand i should look at first?

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: what should i git a glock or 1911
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »
well u have kimber, springfield, para, colt, taurus, and a few others that i dont know to well.. i myself own prefer springfields to the others but thats just me, i have the springfield champion(4" model) its not my favorite gun but it is a pretty slick running gun... i know people who swear by the kimbers, and others who wont buy anything but colt. para is pretty reliable, and from what i hear the taurus is affordable, dependable, and accurate...
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
go with your gut...

Its also helpful to rent them both, shoot them, then make up your mind.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1060
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 02:50:18 PM »
It all depends on how much money you are willing to part with. There are some really good deals on some decent guns. You just have to look and do a little research and leg work.
When all is said and done, buy the best you can afford and still be able to afford to shoot it.

Good Luck... 8)

As we used to say at the race track, "Speed costs money.....How fast do you wanna go?"
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
u mentioned a hammered fired pistol.... take a look at beretta, they have hammers, are super reliable, and u get a lot of options for customizations for them
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:31:41 PM »

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 05:30:06 PM »
Like TAB said, go with your gut.  I like the Colt 1911s, but I am not familiar with the other ones.  Pretty sure they are good ones.  Shot a SIG 220 (I think), ok but kind of boring.  Had Beretta 92s, very boring plus they were 9MM.  Have fun choosing.
DesertMarine

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 05:52:35 PM »
Those that mention cost...

I just picked up a almost virgin  70s series colt for $450.   I've seen several colts( and some onther makes) in great shape for less then the cost of a new glock.   So cost is not really an issue.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tman

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 06:23:54 PM »
Go to a indoor range and shoot a few guns, this way you get a feel for the right one for you

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »
Go to a indoor range and shoot a few guns, this way you get a feel for the right one for you

+1 on that, also SIZE does matter, full size, compact, sub- compact, do you want to carry it? Either brand makes big and smaller versions.

Glock is removed from holster and trigger pulled. 1911 is either cocked and locked, manually cocked, or racked. Your personal exp. will matter on what your comfortable with.

I think Hawkfish is lurking,...... ;) I own an M+P .40(similiar to a "G" pistol in features), and several 1911's. Each one has its own merits.
So,..... get both. ;D

Good Shooting, try as many as you can.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 08:37:09 PM »
1911,1911,1911,1911, oh did I mention 1911.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk