Author Topic: what should i git a glock or 1911  (Read 36749 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: what should i git a glock or 1911
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 08:46:12 PM »
1st, never go with your gut on a firearm, second, what kind of competition do you intend to play? A single stack 1911, is a great pistol, but if shooting IDPA or USPSA, they may have a class for it, but your gonna reload a hell of alot more than the others.
Of course High cap 1911's are available, The Para p14 is good and reasonably priced, available in single action or Light double action, you can have Glocks from 10 to 17 rounds depending on caliber. Glocks and 1911's have tons of accessories available. But if your just going to play some games, tell Me which games to get you closer to your goal. Since you like revolvers, depending on the game, an 8 shot S&W may be better suited.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
You really opened a can of worms here..... I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular thread.

I think everyone knows my vote....

I'll get into the discussion once it gets a little more heated in here! ;D
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

dj454

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 09:45:03 PM »
I vote for the Glock but get whichever makes you happy. Heck get one of each.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 10:33:57 PM »
If only Glock made a 1911...but then what would people argue about?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

See topic 'When is Glock going to Evolve?':

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=2105.0
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 02:09:01 AM »
If only Glock made a 1911...but then what would people argue about?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We'd find SOMETHING ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:17:38 AM »

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 04:33:14 AM »
Glock/1911, Mac/PC, Republican/Democrat, Nikon/Canon.  It's all fun to listen to.
Definitely mac!

Ahh, Glocks and 1911s, those are some nice dreams. They are both excellent. The Glocks are pretty rough compared to some of the nicer BBQ 1911's out there, but Glocks weren't meant to be pretty. They are excellent fighters right out of the tupper-box. 1911's are often considered the ultimate fighting handgun, but anyone will tell you that to remain that way, they need a lot more love/maintenance.

Ask the guys at shooting ranges, where many samples of guns are rented, which guns take the torturre and always come out on top. They will generally tell you Glock, even when they don't like them. I love Glocks, I also don't mind performing the maintenance on a 1911. And in another post I saw people complain about takedown on Ruger Mark II type pistols, and I am also down for taking them apart just out admiration for the genius behind their design too.

I think that you'll be happy with either choice and no matter what you pick, you'll want the other to keep it company. Don't we kind of want at least 1 of every gun anyway?

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 08:16:04 AM »
well... well...  Isn't this an interesting post?  ::)  I'll make it simply.. Get the 1911!  :o....             

lol, na get whatever makes your happy! I am too biased in favor of Glock to recommed what for you to get. :) If you want to learn more about Glock you can read some of my other posts. For some reason I have a lot of posts on here about Glocks. I think they are good for so many reasons. Others love 1911's. Both are excellent weapons. It really comes down to a variety of factors and each has their own benefits. I'll leave it at that.   8)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 10:52:50 AM »
git 'em both
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 12:24:43 PM »
well... well...  Isn't this an interesting post?  ::)  I'll make it simply.. Get the 1911!  :o....             

lol, na get whatever makes your happy! I am too biased in favor of Glock to recommed what for you to get. :) If you want to learn more about Glock you can read some of my other posts. For some reason I have a lot of posts on here about Glocks. I think they are good for so many reasons. Others love 1911's. Both are excellent weapons. It really comes down to a variety of factors and each has their own benefits. I'll leave it at that.   8)

Hawkfish, you just made intardweb history... that is the 1st time a glock fan has ever "bowed out" of a should I get a glock or something else thread.   ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
Since I don't own a Glock (but I do own an SR9- silly me...) I'm really not qualified to weigh in, except to say, that if you plan on spending a lot of time with the pistol....I really enjoy my 1911- can't find enough reasons to hold it, clean it, etc. With the price of 45 acp I just don't get to play with it enough.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk