Author Topic: CCW Stuff?  (Read 19222 times)

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CCW Stuff?
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »
While I MIGHT be about the only one on here that this is a real issue for, but tactics for mountain biking vs. 2 and 4 legged predators.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 11:36:02 PM »
While I MIGHT be about the only one on here that this is a real issue for, but tactics for mountain biking vs. 2 and 4 legged predators.
You aren't Dakota, and you'll forgive my laughter, but untangling yourself from a bike, then drawing and firing, all in one smooth fluid motion? MB will more than earn his money if he can solve that problem. ;D
FQ13

Fox_Hound

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:43 PM »
Perhaps a swift dismount over the handlebars, a combat roll into prone? Well, all the times I did that it wasn't intentional and I ended up more in the Keith rollback (FYI on my ass!). Not to mention I wasn't shooting at anything.  ;D
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" ~ Sherlock Holmes

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 02:59:16 AM »
How about the 1st C.  you know the concealed part. Most people that carry a gun have no idea what it means.

Next would be things not to do, rather its for safety like SOB and mexican carry or things that just plan suck like MOB and ankle.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 10:50:25 AM »
How about the 1st C.  you know the concealed part. Most people that carry a gun have no idea what it means.

Next would be things not to do, rather its for safety like SOB and mexican carry or things that just plan suck like MOB and ankle.

Good points, TAB.
Falling on your back and landing on a gun (wedged against the spine) is not a good thing, and trying to draw the weapon while laying on top of it isn't going to be a piece of cake either.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:24:46 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 11:39:05 AM »
Good points, TAB.
Falling on your back and landing on a gun (wedged against the spine) is not a good thing, and trying to draw the weapon while laying on top of it isn't going to be a piece of cake either.
Speak for yourself Peg. The rest of us have the reflexes of a jungle cat, and can draw and fire from any position, shooting out a candle at fifty paces. ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 11:40:57 AM »
Speak for yourself Peg. The rest of us have the reflexes of a jungle cat, and can draw and fire from any position, shooting out a candle at fifty paces. ;D
FQ13

Maybe on your planet    ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »
FQ13

So sayeth "Clint 'The Iguana Killer' Quakerwood"....... ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »
Good points, TAB.

Its not just the falling on the gun aspect, its also the fact that you basicly have to put yourself in a hammer lock to draw the gun.  Thats not a good thing.  Chances are very good that if you need to use the gun you will be less then 5 feet.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »

+1
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk