Author Topic: GLOCK COPIES M&P  (Read 17659 times)

bushpilot267

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GLOCK COPIES M&P
« on: November 10, 2009, 02:02:21 PM »
Finally got the goods on the coming GLOCK which will be revealed at the SHOT SHOW.

Adjustable backstrap, Ambi Mag Release, recoil reduction spring within a spring, MAYBE ambi slide release, MAYBE better sights, RTF finish, finger grooves, more & larger slide cuts.

Actually, S&W M&P has most of this, if not all, RIGHT NOW.

What has made it around to police circles may or MAY NOT be the finished product since GLOCK is keen to keep market share of cops since it has been slipping.  Took many suggestions. Some may make it to production.

We shall see very soon.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: GLOCK COPIES M&P
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »
we have been discussing this already

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=9410.0
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 05:49:37 PM »
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=9410.0

It was bantered about here recently at the above thread. But I think its a good thing, as technology improves and consumer feedback finally make it back to the manufacturer, we (the consumer) end up with better and better stuff.

I have an M+P full size .40, and being left handed, all the ambi features were perfect.
Than over the summer I went to the dark side and had a deal on a very slightly used Glock 21, .45ACP. It is a railroad tie with a trigger, I have adjusted so many other aspects of shooting left handed that the mag release, and drop, are no big deal.

Moreover, I know it can be used and abused and will still work.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

bushpilot267

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:02:42 AM »
Sorry for bringing up the same subject as was posted before.

Being lefty I appreciate the M&P for its ease of use and other features.

GLOCK is a fine weapon. I hope they have executed the final version well. Many police agencies are moving away from them and that, alone, is enough to bring change.

Kilroy

• Active Forum Member
  • JAFMP
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 09:34:39 AM »
Finally got the goods on the coming GLOCK which will be revealed at the SHOT SHOW.

Adjustable backstrap, Ambi Mag Release, recoil reduction spring within a spring, MAYBE ambi slide release, MAYBE better sights, RTF finish, finger grooves, more & larger slide cuts.

Actually, S&W M&P has most of this, if not all, RIGHT NOW.

Your goods are somewhat off the mark.

Grip arch has a small (think SF size) fixed arch.  So the default is always an arch.  Standard size is one overlay and the large is another.  You are wrong on the "Ambi", as the magazine release will be reversible, along with a new magazine to accomodate same.  Negative on the slide stop being ambidextrous.  RTF is not a finish, it is a texture treatment of the frame.  And the new gun will have a new treatment, not the currently available RTF.  Think pyramid shapes with the point removed.  See also, "dragons teeth."  Slide cuts are back to the original style, with no change in size.  The new recoil spring is exclusive to the new model, and is not intended to retrofit.

I've held it and played with all the features.

And, the Glock is still a trigger cocking design, unlike the single action M&P.  The M&P sales numbers are still a fraction of that from Glock.  It would be premature to declare any sort of supremacy on the part of S&W.
Kilroy...

...was here.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:15:51 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 09:53:21 AM »
Your goods are somewhat off the mark.

Grip arch has a small (think SF size) fixed arch.  So the default is always an arch.  Standard size is one overlay and the large is another.  You are wrong on the "Ambi", as the magazine release will be reversible, along with a new magazine to accomodate same.  Negative on the slide stop being ambidextrous.  RTF is not a finish, it is a texture treatment of the frame.  And the new gun will have a new treatment, not the currently available RTF.  Think pyramid shapes with the point removed.  See also, "dragons teeth."  Slide cuts are back to the original style, with no change in size.  The new recoil spring is exclusive to the new model, and is not intended to retrofit.

I've held it and played with all the features.

And, the Glock is still a trigger cocking design, unlike the single action M&P.  The M&P sales numbers are still a fraction of that from Glock.  It would be premature to declare any sort of supremacy on the part of S&W.

::)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:18:30 PM »
Regardless of bells and whistles, competition leads to better products. The original S&W Sigma was fair at best, Bergeron who came to S&W from Colt was given Carte Blanche to design a completely new pistol for S&W. The M+P was the result.

See American Hangunner Jan/Feb 2010, pg 28. Massad Ayoob goes through the reasoning why more LEO agencies national and international, are getting M+P's.

Glock, is trying to keep up. They always made a great pistol, now its down to features and creature comforts, that WE the buyers want. Thankfully, I have large hands, because my G21 grip is  uber big.. My M+P has 3 options for the back strap. It's just the nature of the beast.

Just like the Brand New Mustang vs. Brand New Camaro debate, they are both nice cars, just one of the great aspects of capitalism and marketing.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »
Does this mean that Glock has to give all that royalty money that it got for the Sigma back?....  ;D
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

bushpilot267

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 08:06:15 AM »
I am pissed my friends, all gun writers or weapons experts or armors from large police departments, would go to GLOCK in GA and  play all day with the proto type pistol and then LIE to me about it's features.  Outrageous.

I apologize to anyone here who read my post and believed a word of it.  Sorry guys. I am filled with the knowledge I am WRONG. My goods were "WRONG".

The coming GLOCK will NOT have a mag release which can be ambi, not have different slide cuts, no selectable grip arch, no RTF finsih on the grip, no spring within a spring recoil device and no improvment on the slde release. Those Lying bastards!

I am so glad to hear S&W is not taking the police market share away from GLOCK.  Ayoob is simply wrong, perhaps lied to by my alleged friends too.

GLOCKS are fine pistols and I cannot wait to see what they really deliver.

That will sure teach me a lesson!

Kilroy

• Active Forum Member
  • JAFMP
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 12:04:41 PM »
I apologize.....

No need to apologize.  Some of your sources were wrong or inaccurate in the descriptions that they provided to you.
Kilroy...

...was here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk